How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

First run since I broke my foot six weeks ago.
    I went fucking crazy going from a 65 mile a week base to zilch
    The most emotional three miles I have ran!
    Way slow.
    Going to do the Long Beach half in a few weeks. Then shoot for a sub 3:20 at surf city!

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ Christ, that's got to be rough. Good luck with the upcoming races!

today, 6.7 miles in 53.26. Started strong, got slower with each progressive loop.

FWIW, I think this is my fifth day in a row, and 28 (iirc) for the week thus far.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I downloaded the RunKeeper app for my iPhone to use as I run and today was the first time I used it. It's pretty cool... it maps out the route you ran, can give you voice updates saying how far you've run and what your pace is. And one of my favorite aspects is that it also provides you with an elevation chart of your route as well.
    I've been using RunKeeper as well. Really like it for charting my pace, elevation, etc. Plus, my wife can log on while I'm running and see where I am at any given point in my run"”and whether or not I decided to stop off at the pub on the way home. [​IMG] Today's run: 3.46 mi. in 29:41. A good pace for me, since I'm somewhat new to running. - Keith

4. samblackbones

Just finished 6.5 miles . . . soreness where I broke my foot cropped up around mile 2.5, but fortunately went away when I corrected my stride.
    feels awesome to be back!!!
    Probably ran about a 9;00 pace

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^ nice!

Rested yesterday, and today got back out there: 6.7 miles in 53-ish. Struggled around 4.5 miles but managed to pull it together for a decent finish.

6. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Posted in wrong thread earlier....

Ran 4 miles on the bark chip covered trail through the trees around the Nike headquarters building in Beaverton, OR. Followed it up with a conditioning circuit of burpees, mountain climbers, jumping jacks and split jumps. Finished with a few sets of pushups and chinnies while waiting for my son's XC coaching session to get over.

Damn, Nike has a beautiful campus. Running on the barkchips was great- nothing like the aroma of fresh cedar chips when you step on them.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

9.3 miles in 75-ish minutes this morning, and could have gone another mile or so, easy.

8. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

8.1 miles tonight in 53:58.
    Had to take a few days off last week because i hurt my back/side diving out of the way of a pretty large tree branch that broke and was about to fall on top of me while skating on a local bike trail. I heard the thing breaking, then looked up and saw it starting to fall right into my path of travel. Im glad i was able to react quickly enough and bail out, i just narrowly avoided getting hit (actually, it still clipped my shin a little bit as i left the trail). It was really crazy, i just laid there for a minute in disbelief after it happened.
    I think i pulled a muscle in my side, but considering i could have easily ended up seriously hurt, im somewhat thankful.
    I was still a little sore tonight, but its alot better than in was a few days ago.

9. polo votarient

polo votarient Well-Known Member

I ran and walked 3 miles, and thats from taking 2 months off from running. Hopefully I can get back on track not and go back to my six.

10. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Went on a 20 mile or so speed hike up a mountain - ran the flats sections on the way up, and the downhills on the way down. 3775 ft of vertical. 5.5 hrs. (with a lunch break on the peak)

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I think I depleted myself yesterday because I struggled to get through four miles this morning.

12. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran the 5th Avenue Mile yesterday in 5:10.

13. ColumbiaHgts

ColumbiaHgts New Member

I just started running so this post has helped motivate me! I did about 3 miles this morning, but I'm trying to get up to 5 by the end of the week (starting slow [​IMG]

14. samblackbones

The 90 degree heat almost killed me today . . . 7.75 miles on empty stomach. its hot at the beach.
    [​IMG]

15. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

Ran the 5th Avenue Mile yesterday in 5:10.

nice. how many people run that race? Did you get to watch the elites?

I've never ran a mile race, a 2k and a couple 3k's, but never anything shorter than that. I would kind of like to try a mile race sometime, but if/when i do run one id like to try and get in more specific mile race shape.

anyway, 6.0 tonight in 39:30. felt terrible the first 3 miles or so, like i was on the verge of getting a cramp/side stitch the whole time and just couldnt get in a good rhythm, but that eventually went away and i started to feel good and ran the last 2 miles in 6:19 and 5:50.