1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Meis

Meis Distinguished Member

You're overthinking this.

Yep, for fucks sake its breathing. Just stay calm and even, thats what matters.

Today- 7 miles on the lakefront path in 49:20. Beautiful day outside

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

4 miles today.

Preparing for the 10 mile Crim Race in Flint MI on Saturday.

4. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

12.0 tonight in 1:18:34... longest run in months [​IMG]

5. gamelan

gamelan Distinguished Member

7.5 in about 70 i'm guessing. pretty slow compared to some of you speed demons but happy with the result.

-Jeff

6. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

6.2 tonight in 37:09, miles splits of 6:34, 6:23, 6:06, 5:52, 5:41, 5:29, and 1:05 for the last .2 mile. Really enjoyable run... kept upping the pace gradually and just fell into a good rhythm and felt nice and fast. It was nice and cool out tonight, so that helped my speed/endurance a bit.

7. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior Member

7 hilly miles tonight in a little over 53 min. Stomach was feeling funky which ended up being a problem since it was an out and back route, but luck must have been on my side because I was able to find relief just in time. 4 miles last night too.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

5k last night. needed an excuse to get out of a mother in law skype chat... said "i'm going on a run!" and just left her hanging...

sadly when i got back about 30 min later... she was still there..

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

I ran the 10 mile Crim Race in Flint, MI in 90 minutes. A beautiful day...moderate temperature, low humidity. Over 10,000 runners were in the race.

10. gamelan

gamelan Distinguished Member

12.28 in about 1:50 with the last 1.5 miles gaining 330 ft of elevation. sub 2:00 for the Long Beach Half should be doable. the question is how much lower than 2:00 i can go. have a few weeks to work on it.
    -Jeff

11. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

8 miles in 1:06 today. First time to run 8 in quite a while, and the cool spell from earlier this week has disappeared.

12. limester816

limester816 Senior Member

Hey guys, I've decided to knock off one of my life goals next year and run the Boston Marathon. I don't have to qualify, because my school (BC) has automatic charity member registrations. All I need to do is train....

So my question: what training programs do you recommend? I really have no idea how long I could run right now. I try to do a 10miler every week, and I ran a 19min 5k a couple of months ago. I see a lot of training programs designed for 4 months prior to the marathon-- would it be overkill to start now training for that kind of distance?

thanks

13. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Distinguished Member

Hey guys, I've decided to knock off one of my life goals next year and run the Boston Marathon. I don't have to qualify, because my school (BC) has automatic charity member registrations. All I need to do is train....

So my question: what training programs do you recommend? I really have no idea how long I could run right now. I try to do a 10miler every week, and I ran a 19min 5k a couple of months ago. I see a lot of training programs designed for 4 months prior to the marathon-- would it be overkill to start now training for that kind of distance?

thanks

Train for a late Fall 10K, then start your marathon buildup in January.

14. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior Member

I ran the 10 mile Crim Race in Flint, MI in 90 minutes. A beautiful day...moderate temperature, low humidity. Over 10,000 runners were in the race.

Nice, I watched this race online for the US 10 mile Champs. A guy I know was the 9th US finisher.
    10.1 miles today with some hills in 1:17, felt great and pushed the pace the first 6 or so miles until my shoe started cutting into my heel. Also ran a quick 4 yesterday and only 2 on Friday bringing my weekly mileage to 32.2. Hopefully get that up to 40 in the next 2 weeks.

15. supermidget

supermidget Senior Member

2.5 today on the way back to getting into it.