How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Planned on going 5.3 but lost track of my loops and ended up running 6.7. 54:01, which is better speed-wise than I'd been in months. Still hot, still humid, still eating bugs.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

7.5 yesterday, heel was tight for the first mile or so, then once I warmed up, I felt great...and am NOT in severe pain now though it is a bit sensitive to the touch. Will run again tomorrow.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

6.7 today in some 54 minutes, generally 10:30-10:40 loops. Then played tennis with the little on afterwards.

4. flambard

flambard Senior member

Seven miles. Ugh! The sun broke out during the run and it got so hot. I started to meltdown and lost focus. Lucky for me I have been running with a friend on who paced me back. I did same for them last week.

Take care, all. [​IMG]

5. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

I ran a local 5K yesterday morning. I wasn't expecting to do very well since I'm coming off 84 miles in the previous 8 days. I managed to run a 20:45 - 15 second PR[​IMG]

Happy running people!

Pure mileage can make you faster.
    A couple years ago when i was running really high mileage (80+ per week) and preparing for a marathon my 5k PR improved by alot, even though i wasnt really doing any short interval work or specific 5k work aside from running local races on the weekends. Now i kinda regret running the marathon and wish i would have kept trying to get faster at the 5k because i was having a ton of fun doing the shorter races and i wasnt really able to get quite back to the same level afterward.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

4 miles in the rain. I wore a light vest and hat because it was raining so hard here in NYC, but forgot it was above 70F so I almost overheated. I kind of wish i just ran in a shirt and shorts and just got wet all the same.

7. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

6.2 miles tonight in 39:19. Started easy got progressively faster troughout the run... Mile splits were 7:01, 6:44, 6:26, 6:18, 6:05, 5:39, and 1:06 for the last .2miles.

Also skated 13.1 miles earlier in the day on local bike trails... Until the past couple weeks I really havent been running all that much the last few months because ive gotten into skating and have been doing that alot.

8. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

7.6 miles today in about 58 min. Kept it slow in anticipation of going over 10 but went out to late and got dehydrated. Need to start taking water with me on these or stashing a bottle somewhere

9. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

What's the best way to breathe while running? I've always breathed with my mouth open, sort of gulping in air, while I run. I know that it's inelegant, and just not effective, so what's the best way?

Should I be inhaling through my nose or with my mouth open? Best way to exhale?

10. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

5.2 tonight in 34:30.

11. gaiguy

gaiguy Member

0 mile [​IMG]

stay at home today

12. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

What's the best way to breathe while running? I've always breathed with my mouth open, sort of gulping in air, while I run. I know that it's inelegant, and just not effective, so what's the best way?

You're overthinking this.

13. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

honestly just breathe they way you feel best. Lots of people try and preach breathing in through the nose and out the mouth, but I can't do that at all. Your breathing will get easier over time as you get in better shape.

5.2 of hills today in 39min, felt like hell. Rethinking my plans for a half in October, the one I was considering has about a 3 mile hill where you gain around 600ft at the half way point and ends going back down it. Definitely need to start running more hilly routes just to get used to it.