• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Planned on going 5.3 but lost track of my loops and ended up running 6.7. 54:01, which is better speed-wise than I'd been in months. Still hot, still humid, still eating bugs.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday: 4.7k in 26 min or something.

Still strenghtening my knees, if that's even possible.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
7.5 yesterday, heel was tight for the first mile or so, then once I warmed up, I felt great...and am NOT in severe pain now though it is a bit sensitive to the touch. Will run again tomorrow.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6.7 today in some 54 minutes, generally 10:30-10:40 loops. Then played tennis with the little on afterwards.

flambard

Reaction score
Seven miles. Ugh! The sun broke out during the run and it got so hot. I started to meltdown and lost focus. Lucky for me I have been running with a friend on who paced me back. I did same for them last week.

Take care, all.
laugh.gif

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola

I ran a local 5K yesterday morning. I wasn't expecting to do very well since I'm coming off 84 miles in the previous 8 days. I managed to run a 20:45 - 15 second PR
smile.gif

Happy running people!

Pure mileage can make you faster.
A couple years ago when i was running really high mileage (80+ per week) and preparing for a marathon my 5k PR improved by alot, even though i wasnt really doing any short interval work or specific 5k work aside from running local races on the weekends. Now i kinda regret running the marathon and wish i would have kept trying to get faster at the 5k because i was having a ton of fun doing the shorter races and i wasnt really able to get quite back to the same level afterward.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles in the rain. I wore a light vest and hat because it was raining so hard here in NYC, but forgot it was above 70F so I almost overheated. I kind of wish i just ran in a shirt and shorts and just got wet all the same.

jwied82

Reaction score
6.2 miles tonight in 39:19. Started easy got progressively faster troughout the run... Mile splits were 7:01, 6:44, 6:26, 6:18, 6:05, 5:39, and 1:06 for the last .2miles.

Also skated 13.1 miles earlier in the day on local bike trails... Until the past couple weeks I really havent been running all that much the last few months because ive gotten into skating and have been doing that alot.

airblaster503

Reaction score
7.6 miles today in about 58 min. Kept it slow in anticipation of going over 10 but went out to late and got dehydrated. Need to start taking water with me on these or stashing a bottle somewhere

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to breathe while running? I've always breathed with my mouth open, sort of gulping in air, while I run. I know that it's inelegant, and just not effective, so what's the best way?

Should I be inhaling through my nose or with my mouth open? Best way to exhale?

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
What's the best way to breathe while running? I've always breathed with my mouth open, sort of gulping in air, while I run. I know that it's inelegant, and just not effective, so what's the best way?

You're overthinking this.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman

honestly just breathe they way you feel best. Lots of people try and preach breathing in through the nose and out the mouth, but I can't do that at all. Your breathing will get easier over time as you get in better shape.

5.2 of hills today in 39min, felt like hell. Rethinking my plans for a half in October, the one I was considering has about a 3 mile hill where you gain around 600ft at the half way point and ends going back down it. Definitely need to start running more hilly routes just to get used to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads