How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. quevola

quevola Senior member

Ten hard hot miles in Irvine today,
    then on the bike ride home A Woman made a quick left turn going the opposite direction and hit me on my bike. The bike is totalled, and my foot is broken - but the rest of me is okay.
    God Damnit - this puts a kink in my training in a big way.

Tough break - I almost got run over over by a teenage girl on her cell phone last Thursday night. Keep your spirits up and do the most crosstraining you can to keep your fitness up and you'll be running in no time.

^^ good work: progress is always a good thing!

Yesterday I saw a rather stout gentleman wearing the 08 Aramco finisher's shirt (which I have but had lost), so I eventually found it and wore it today, while getting back into the swing of mileage. 6.7 miles, 54 minutes. Legs didn't fall off, but I sweated buckets.

Good job Thomas - did you get into the Houston Marathon afterall?

Ran the Bronx Half Marathon yesterday in 1:26:47. Good time but not my best...

Great time myles! I can only dream of such a fast HM.

I ran a local 5K yesterday morning. I wasn't expecting to do very well since I'm coming off 84 miles in the previous 8 days. I managed to run a 20:45 - 15 second PR[​IMG]

Happy running people!

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

At last, no humidity and cool temperatures. Hallelujah! Ran 6 miles this morning. Wish I had time to do more.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

fri-10 miles
    sat-4.6
    sunday-6.5
    monday-4.6

my heel is now killing me from doing too much (was doing about 25 a week, so doing it in 4 days killed me) so ...[​IMG]

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Ran the Bronx Half Marathon yesterday in 1:26:47. Good time but not my best...

nice time. i'm running the race in harlem this saturday. i'm glad they moved the 5K start time to 8:30am... i didn't want to try to wake up for the original 6:30am start time.

2.44 miles

I ran the trail again at forest park. visited some friends in kew gardens then ran the orange trail again...

i saw a few lurking gay men again... LOL and a ton of open upped condom wrappers along the trail... the worst part was i got poison ivy on my ankle.... even if you don't have sex in that forest you can still come out with a rash...

5. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

adjusting back to Pacific time. in bed at 11:30pm last night. up at 3am. lay in bed for hour. get up at 4am to check e-mail. try to sleep again at 5am. lay in bed for 45 minutes. up at 5:45am. 8.5 miles.

-Jeff

6. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

8 miles tonight in 55 minutes. Was aiming for 56 but after warming up decided to push the pace a little so it felt good. Debating on running a 5k cross country race tomorrow night but will have to see how my legs feel tomorrow.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)

Good job Thomas - did you get into the Houston Marathon afterall?

(...)
    I ran a local 5K yesterday morning. I wasn't expecting to do very well since I'm coming off 84 miles in the previous 8 days. I managed to run a 20:45 - 15 second PR[​IMG]

Happy running people!

I did! I got the credit card notice before the official email, so I knew before I knew, if that makes any sense. As a result, I've been sticking to the five-day routine, and should start craking up the mileage soon.

84 miles in 8 days: you've become a running machine! Good Lord! When do you run Boston?

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

skipped doing any kind of cardio or even walking on monday and tuesday. dam. i just was sendentary the whole day at work those two days and then went straight home and was so tired i went straight to bed.

my body felt like tofu on wednesday.

9. quevola

quevola Senior member

I did! I got the credit card notice before the official email, so I knew before I knew, if that makes any sense. As a result, I've been sticking to the five-day routine, and should start craking up the mileage soon.

84 miles in 8 days: you've become a running machine! Good Lord! When do you run Boston?

Congrats on getting in!

Boston? I don't think I'll be able to run sub 3:20 for another year or so. My goal is to break 3:40 at the Long Beach marathon in October and then making a serious bid to Boston qualify in the Fall of 2011. Of course the key always seems to be pushing hard in training without getting injured!

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

1st week in a walking boot done ( 5 more left til I can run again)
    Jealous of all you guys finishing races way to go.

11. cb200

cb200 Active Member

Ran an 8k out and back with the goal of having the time out be the same as the time back with only looking at my watch at the half way point and the end. I thought would be closer than I was but was off by a minute.

12. Hudson786

Hudson786 New Member

I used to run a mile daily some time back when I were student but after getting a job, I am still not able to set a routine for runing once again.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

3.1 in harlem this morning (5k race) that was suprisingly difficult... they start you off on a pretty steep hill that lasts a good mile! around st. nicolas park then steep downhill into a flat 600m finish.