How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

6 miles tonight in 44:30. I can't handle eating salsa anytime during the day before I go for a run, definitely upsets my stomach.

2. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

6 miles easy in irvine today// first day of training for what I am hoping will be a sub 3:20 marathon in Long Beach this November. Using the NY Road Runners basic milage plan for advanced runners (peaks at a 70 mpw base). Used there intermediate program to train for my first full last february. 1 mile in the pool and 30 on the bike today as well. Feeling beat

3. hubbardsw

hubbardsw Member

7 miles this morning and 5 tonight. It was only 83 degrees at 5am this morning. 105 degrees for my evening run.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

7.2 today, plus a nice long walk with the kiddies.

5. airblaster503

5 miles this afternoon. Started horrible feeling pain in my shins so I swung around the neighborhood and switched shoes. Went from some heavy trainers to flats and that actually did the trick and the rest of the run was fine. Nice to get out there in lighter shoes considering I haven't ran in a pair of flats in about a month and a half.

6. samblackbones

9 miles easy running today with some good hills
    1 mile in the pool
    25 on the bike
    and some body surfing to top it all off.
    Feeling lucky to have the life that I do today.

7. airblaster503

9 miles today in 1:06. Felt great and had a nice flow going for the first 7 miles until I had to stop to use the restroom, struggled to get into a rythm after that. Was going for as close to a 7 min pace as I could get and probably would have been close if not for the stop.

8. quevola

quevola Senior member

12 miles w/ 8x100 strides down the home stretch.

9. hubbardsw

hubbardsw Member

10 miles
    20 min warm-up
    5 miles @ 5:50 pace
    15 min cool-down

10. samblackbones

9 Miles moderate today
    felt good to run harder today. Probably a 7:40 pace. Worrying about building my base healthily before I start pace work, I have a tendency to obsess on time and ignore my body.
    No swim today =/
    30 miles on the bike.

11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I ran about 8.5 miles this morning. The most interesting part of my run was when running through my neighborhood I didn't pass a single car for the first few miles but I did see a golf cart driving around. This was at about 5:00 a.m. so at first I was thinking that somebody stole it from one of the golf courses or country clubs right around me but then I saw them turn back INTO one of the golf courses and the two guys got out and started working on the sprinklers or something. Still, it was a pretty odd sight that early in the morning.

12. airblaster503

Anybody have any advice on how to deal with IT band pain?? Mine really flared up after my run yesterday and have looked up some stretching routines and using a foam roller.

13. cb200

cb200 Active Member

I've been trying to tame my IT band and a gimpy knee. Rolling the glutes and quads along with looking for trigger points in the vastus lateralis and stretching have helped. Ibuprofen and ice by the knee a few times a day if it's bugging me. I had to cut my millage in half for a week and take a few days off as well as drop the intensity. I've been using a 2 liter pop bottle instead of a foam roller along with a hard rubber ball for the glutes. I'm not fixed yet so I don't have a magic cure ( a few beers does cut the ache a bit ).

Best of luck to a quick recovery.

14. hubbardsw

hubbardsw Member

7 in the AM and 5.5 in the PM.

15. samblackbones

Anybody have any advice on how to deal with IT band pain?? Mine really flared up after my run yesterday and have looked up some stretching routines and using a foam roller.

+1 Foam roller. I went from having problems with tightness and pain in my knees to feeling totally healthy within like 2 weeks of regular use. I try to roll on my quads before and after runs and it is worth the hurt. I roll on my calfs and inner thighs too to keep loose. It has changed my running.
    9 miles today