How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

6.2 miles in 43:18 this morning in Central Park on the bridle path - weather was quite pleasant.

Quevola - congrats on the PR at the Rock n roll Marathon this weekend.

2. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Last night 2.33 miles in 18:40

This morning 3.5 miles in 28:43. It took at least a mile and a half before I felt my body loosen up and then by 2 miles my legs were shot.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Hey running peeps - congrats to all of you guys for getting out there and pounding the pavement. Lord knows it's way easier to veg out in front of the tube.

Today: Nada

Sunday: San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon. Hot, humid, crowded, too much concrete, but had a blast. Managed to come in at 3:55, a 14 minute PR. I'll take this week off and then begin training for another marathon in October.

DAMN - good work on the marathon!

Just found out that the Houston Marathon is moving to a lottery system. No I'm not happy about that but it sounds as though Houston's joining the ranks of the big boys in terms of participation.

Today, 4 miles, 31 minutes. Still acclimating to the mid-70's humidity and working around some hectic weekend-work.

4. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Regarding the Houston Marathon, shouldn't they start by eliminating some of the periphery events before going to a lottery system.

From their website: The Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, EP5K and ABB Team Challenge will be held Sunday, January 30, 2011."

That's 4 events in one day. If there are too many people wouldn't the initial move be to eliminate the 5k and the relay, and maybe move the half to the day before or after the marathon.

I know for many of the small and mid size races out there, the half and relay help boost numbers which translates into bigger sponsors, but that doesn't seem to be an issue in Houston.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Regarding the Houston Marathon, shouldn't they start by eliminating some of the periphery events before going to a lottery system. From their website: The Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, EP5K and ABB Team Challenge will be held Sunday, January 30, 2011." That's 4 events in one day. If there are too many people wouldn't the initial move be to eliminate the 5k and the relay, and maybe move the half to the day before or after the marathon. I know for many of the small and mid size races out there, the half and relay help boost numbers which translates into bigger sponsors, but that doesn't seem to be an issue in Houston.
    i ended up becoming friends with a woman who ran the brooklyn half marathon with me. she recently moved to Houston and was saying that the running culture is really great with a ton of races and big clubs. i guess it booming there to the point that they have to limit it. aside from serious fast runners the boom is the in recreational runner sector.

6. cez

cez Senior member

5 on Saturday

4 on Sunday

nil on Monday

6 (today) Tuesday

7. quevola

quevola Senior member

Congrats on the marathon.. it created hell for my day traffic wise.

My run was slow and easy, still prepping for my race this weekend.

Thanks rj - sorry about the traffic hell. The worst part of the race was the 2 1/2 hour wait to get back to Qualcomm from Sea World [​IMG]

6.2 miles in 43:18 this morning in Central Park on the bridle path - weather was quite pleasant.

Quevola - congrats on the PR at the Rock n roll Marathon this weekend.

Thanks myles!

DAMN - good work on the marathon!

Just found out that the Houston Marathon is moving to a lottery system. No I'm not happy about that but it sounds as though Houston's joining the ranks of the big boys in terms of participation.

Today, 4 miles, 31 minutes. Still acclimating to the mid-70's humidity and working around some hectic weekend-work.

Thanks T - is Houston a particularly fast or flat course?

8. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

3.88 miles in 29:12

9. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

8 yesterday, 4 in the morning and 4 at night. 8 today. Awesome lower and upper fire trails in Berkeley if anyone is familiar.

10. dbc

dbc Senior member

5k today in 25minutes.

Longest I've run in a long while. Made me happy [​IMG]

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)
    Thanks T - is Houston a particularly fast or flat course?

iirc, Houston has a reputation for being fairly fast and no killer hills, but it depends on what you're used to. We covered a few overpasses on the way which weren't bad. Most of the elevations were gentle, but the rolling hills of Allen Parkway (miles 23-25) were soul-crushing to me.

Today: 4 miles, 31-odd minutes. Would have been nice had it not felt like running in a sauna.

12. eqpablon

eqpablon Senior member

4.5 miles, untimed group run [​IMG]

13. GSaavedra

GSaavedra Member

9 miles today in about 90m (SF - Civic Center to the base of the Golden Gate Bridge and back). I'm still feeling under 100% after my run last Friday (13.5m - my longest ever), but I am feeling better a couple of hours afterward.

So far I've got 15m under the belt this week. I'll do a short run tomorrow night and hopefully tackle the 13.5 again on Friday or Saturday to round out the week at ~30m.

14. OldSchoolCharm

OldSchoolCharm Senior member

5k today in 25minutes.

Longest I've run in a long while. Made me happy [​IMG]

wow that is a fast pace

15. OldSchoolCharm

OldSchoolCharm Senior member

do any of you guys use inserts in the bottom of the shoe to absorb the energy of each step?