How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

7 miles in 53 minutes today, felt really good, until I noticed I was not running normally....I was midfoot striking and not heel striking, when I tried to heel strike, I slowed down and my right knee got pissed off.
    I guess Ill keep midfoot striking!

So, not sure if you all have spoken about this guy:

Anton Krupicka

I only know who he is as both my brothers are running The White River 50. Which Mr. Krupicka set the course record for last year (and the leadville 100 etc).

His blog is amazing and very inspiring.

http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/

read about the 2009 leadville 100 when he ran with Giardia and bowed out at mile 78 due to leg cramps! His weekly mileage is insane, and worse when you consider the vertical foot gain of his runs.....

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

yup he's the new balance ad guy. i actually run in a pair of NB130XLU (his actual shoe for races). its a great shoe only 4oz and totally ventilated, but unfortunately only available in europe and asia. he's kind of a freak of nature though... especially with the aforementioned extreme pain threshold levels he has. his was one of the many blogs that got me started on the minimalist shoe running. I haven't gotten one injury yet, running in shoes that weigh less than 5oz full time. It does take time to build up the feet and legs though.
    7 miles in 53 minutes today, felt really good, until I noticed I was not running normally....I was midfoot striking and not heel striking, when I tried to heel strike, I slowed down and my right knee got pissed off. I guess Ill keep midfoot striking! So, not sure if you all have spoken about this guy: Anton Krupicka I only know who he is as both my brothers are running The White River 50. Which Mr. Krupicka set the course record for last year (and the leadville 100 etc). His blog is amazing and very inspiring. http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/ read about the 2009 leadville 100 when he ran with Giardia and bowed out at mile 78 due to leg cramps! His weekly mileage is insane, and worse when you consider the vertical foot gain of his runs.....

3. juanpawell

juanpawell New Member

Everyday around 10 kms i have to walk and really like to walk. walking is the best exercise. It keeps the body much energetic and healthy.

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Ran for 60 minutes. Did some hill work. Stopped every 15 minutes to do 15 pushups.

5. spencers

spencers Senior member

yup he's the new balance ad guy. i actually run in a pair of NB130XLU (his actual shoe for races). its a great shoe only 4oz and totally ventilated, but unfortunately only available in europe and asia.

his was one of the many blogs that got me started on the minimalist shoe running. I haven't gotten one injury yet, running in shoes that weigh less than 5oz full time.

Shit. I want those NBs.
    I love my Asics Hyperspeed 3's, but I might have to retire them soon.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Shit. I want those NBs. I love my Asics Hyperspeed 3's, but I might have to retire them soon.
    if you look on ebay UK (just be sure to adjust for UK sizing) you can find the NB 130XLU. They'll ship to the US for a good price. I bought mine in Hong Kong last december on vacation. I was totally excited when walking around some random shop to see them and remember that they are only available in Asia and Europe. [​IMG] there are some good alternatives if you want a super light racing flat: asics piranha (if you actually try running in them they are very very similar to the hyperspeeds at only 4oz). mizuno wave universe 3 (3.6oz!!!) nike zoom streak XC 2 (this one is actually cheap too) a lot of cushioning too for a 5oz shoe adidas adizero pro (5oz shoe similar to the nike zoom). I loved my asics hyperspeed 3s. I used them as a bridge from my kayanos to mizuno wave universe and others (my NB 130xlu and puma h streets). Even with the weird holes in the soles those things are great. I had some of my most pretty runs in those shoes... like Washingtion DC (the river run and the capitol to lincon memorial loop Mall) and my favorite red rock national park Sedona. I still use the hyperspeeds now for basketball and walking around.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

4.5miles. I'm toying with splitting up my runs where I do 3-4miles in the early morning then end the day with another 4mile run.

8. Borrelli

Borrelli Senior member

A slow recovery week (no milage increase) for me and I need it. Left hip and right calf pains. I'm starting to feel like an old man sometimes. Guess these first 13 weeks should really only involve jogging, no faster paces at all. Moderation can suck sometimes, I miss the rush from putting in a little extra. I think I'll hop on the bike in between to cross-train.

9. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

A slow recovery week (no milage increase) for me and I need it. Left hip and right calf pains. I'm starting to feel like an old man sometimes. Guess these first 13 weeks should really only involve jogging, no faster paces at all. Moderation can suck sometimes, I miss the rush from putting in a little extra. I think I'll hop on the bike in between to cross-train.

Hang in there! I am also recovering, all these miles have messed up my IT band and right knee.

I have learned that if I let my body heal right, I come back stronger than ever (which equals faster).

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

7 miles in 53 minutes today, felt really good, until I noticed I was not running normally....I was midfoot striking and not heel striking, when I tried to heel strike, I slowed down and my right knee got pissed off.
    I guess Ill keep midfoot striking!

So, not sure if you all have spoken about this guy:

Anton Krupicka

I only know who he is as both my brothers are running The White River 50. Which Mr. Krupicka set the course record for last year (and the leadville 100 etc).

His blog is amazing and very inspiring.

http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/

read about the 2009 leadville 100 when he ran with Giardia and bowed out at mile 78 due to leg cramps! His weekly mileage is insane, and worse when you consider the vertical foot gain of his runs.....

I'll have to read about him. The last time I followed any ultra-runners, the big ones were Scott Jurek (who won Western States a few times by then), Dean Karnazes (still yet to read his book, I have it on the shelf, even), and Ann Reed (when she ran 300 miles).

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

oh! today: 8 miles, 1:01-ish. not much sleep these past few nights, but now that tax season is over and I have a bit of breathing room, things should ease up.

12. quevola

quevola Senior member

Did a little cross-training last night. Plan on 8 to 10 tempo miles tonight.

13. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Off to do about 5.5 trail. First run in my new New Balance MT100, hoping for no blisters.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Kinda getting back into it. 4.5 or so in about 40 mins, dodging tea partiers.

15. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Ran 6.75 miles in 43:07 last night at Central Park.