• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
22 yesterday, rambling around the city
IMG_8343.jpeg
IMG_8335.jpeg
IMG_8332.jpeg

And a patriotic 17.76 miles on the trainer while watching the Spanish GP this morning.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I feel absolutely awful today. Nauseous, sluggish, sore. Not quite heat exhaustion but almost there. Thankfully today is a half-day for work but I’m struggling. My ability to handle extreme heat and humidity is not what it once was.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.6 miles on Saturday morning with 5x800m repeats. That was my first time doing a track workout since my injury in October and it felt surprisingly good. I was able to average about 3.5 minutes for the 800 meter segments.

Got in another 6.5 miles this morning with a bunch of intervals at the track:

8x100
1x800
4x200
1x800
2x400
1x800

Felt really good again. I was worried about how I'd feel on the track after being away from it for so long. I'm faster than I thought I'd be (lifting weights and doing a lot of spinning in the past few months has definitely helped me maintain some strength) but I can tell I definitely don't have the stamina I used to have. I need to work back up to getting a long (10+ mile) run in once or twice a week.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My June streak is still alive. Sneaked in 30 minutes/7 "miles" on the trainer yesterday between getting home from work and a volunteer meeting. This evening I got in 5 miles going to and from another volunteer meeting after work.

Looking forward to a gravel hill climb on Friday after work. Last year I forgot to pack my cycling shoes, so I did it in Toms. :) I was in better shape last year, but I will be clipped in this year. Which factor will prove to be more significant...? It's less than a mile, but gains 430 ft and has a peak gradient of 45.9%!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I did 2.4 miles walking, 45 minutes of bouldering at the gym, and one hour on the trainer.

Today so far, 1.2 miles walking and 1500 yards swimming.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
31ish this afternoon (went out with only 23% charge on the Wahoo, and it died a mile or so from home. Been under the weather since Thursday (no COVID), and lost my June streak. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Raging headache today, and overheated a bit on both of the big climbs which are in full sun and on the leeward sides of their respective mountains (hills?).

1719797844427.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7.7 miles slow and easy on Sunday morning, my longest run since sometime last September. It felt good to get a bit more mileage in!

Back to the track this morning for another 5x800 interval day and I managed to get all of those intervals well under 3:30. 👍

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally back home and on the old running paths. 7.3 miles yesterday evening. Temps were bearable with the lower dew points but look to be heating up again later this week.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavementprophet