• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 flat trail miles. I’ve done that two runs without the Garmin. I’m just going to slowly build the miles back up, heading into winter when I won’t have enough daylight to ride in the evenings.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got out to the track late last night for 10 x 10 second sprints (plus about a mile to the track to warm up and a mile home to cool down).

I had 3 minutes of rest between each sprint and instead of jogging around the track like I'd normally do, I did some push-ups and, because there were a couple big tractor tires that had been left out there, decided to do some tire flips as well. I had never actually done that before and was surprised at how heavy those tires are!

All in all, I did about 4.75 miles. I hadn't run since Monday morning and it felt great to finally get back out there. I may or may not try to get out for a run around lunchtime today, but I think my body has really benefited from all the extra rest this week. I've got a 5k coming on Sunday and I'd like to get a longer easy run in on Saturday morning but I'm not going to press it.

Either way, I'm probably going to end this week with under 25 miles (maybe even under 20) for the first time since early 2020? Next week I'll get back at it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.5 miles on flat gravel trails. I did a few short tempo fartleks, but overall I felt pretty sluggish. Temps around 70.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The high school down the street put on a charity 5k yesterday morning. My goal was 20 minutes. I didn't quite get it (I'm blaming a very disorganized start) but did come in 5th overall (thank you low participation!) and 2nd in my age group with a time of 20:38.2

Even though I missed my goal, I'm still very happy to complete a 5k with anything under a 7:00/mile pace.

I'm going to try and find a local 5k, 10k, or half marathon to run at least every other weekend from here until the end of the year.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi all, been a while but i'm finally emerging from my busy season hole. was logging some (minimal) miles but didn't feel like posting just because it was whatever i could fit in when i wasn't at my computer. last week was my first in over a month at i was able to get more than 10 for the week so felt good about that. just 15 but it's progress and i've been taking it slow as i don't want to go from like 10 miles a week to 25 in one jump.

also been using a rower as no impact cross training which has been really helpful when i didn't have more than like 20 or 30 minutes to get in some exercise.

yesterday was 4.5 miles at 8:20 pace, followed by 4K at an easy 2:25 per 500M. i definitely felt like i could have gone longer on the run but as i said, i didn't want to push it my first week over 10.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dropped my mountain bike off for service this evening, so I ran four miles on trails that I haven’t run for quite a while. The nice part is that the sun had already gone behinds the hills, so it was shady. Temps dropped from the mid 80s into the upper 70s while I was out.

The most Boulder things I saw was two groups of kids in the 8-12 range practicing cyclocross skills in the park.

Last edited:

cs54

Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice. Do you find the biking on Skyline Dr (pictured) to be pleasant? Driving thru I’ve thought the car traffic might be enough to be stressful, though maybe that’s just on weekends.
This was my first time riding it, and there were very few cars.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.75 miles on the local trails under cloudy skies with temps in the mid 50s (between storms).

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.