• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last week I was sidelined with tooth pain which ultimately resulted in the extraction of two wisdom teeth. Finally felt good enough yesterday to push the pedals a bit. 16 “miles”

44700E9F-8A76-4B55-B23D-722095A4FF9F.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I rode 21 miles on the cyclocross bike yesterday, about half on trails or gravel. I rode about eight miles at the bike park. After that, the whole family went to the bike park. The younger kinds played at the playground while I took the oldest on the trails for the first time. I ran about a mile along with him.

856FECA8-0157-4497-9B9E-77FCB55741C9.jpeg
5F9A4ED8-E760-4CF8-B813-73C7ACE8A9C5.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6.7 miles to my new favorite local brewery and back. It’s beginning to feel like autumn.

99E4E3CA-2D1B-4223-92ED-6C06CD5BDB81.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 miles of actually running, under an almost full moon. Temps in the mid 40s.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came in here to whine that I haven't run since Monday morning because I stepped on a rock in my garage without any shoes on Monday afternoon and my heel is a little tender... and then I read the write-up of the ordeal @jbarwick had on his Barkley adventure and now I just feel like a malingerer!

That sounds like some tough sledding there dude! Do the organizers of the Barkley runs keep track of where on the routes people drop at? It would be interesting to know if there was one particular segment that was the culprit for a disproportionate number of the participants.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I came in here to whine that I haven't run since Monday morning because I stepped on a rock in my garage without any shoes on Monday afternoon and my heel is a little tender... and then I read the write-up of the ordeal @jbarwick had on his Barkley adventure and now I just feel like a malingerer!

That sounds like some tough sledding there dude! Do the organizers of the Barkley runs keep track of where on the routes people drop at? It would be interesting to know if there was one particular segment that was the culprit for a disproportionate number of the participants.
If it makes you feel better, I cut my foot on a rock by the lake we were camping next to three weeks ago. Last night was the first time I felt comfortable running on it.

The embarrassing part is that I cut the side of my foot when I rolled my ankle and hit the rock.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Drop tracking is a huge deal and if you don’t check in after a drop, you are banned from all the RDs events. The longest section was roughly 7 miles and they have time cutoffs for all aid stations to keep slower people from continuing. For instance, my power hike to check-in 1 was 55min and I was probably right around top 50 at that point out of~450 runners with a 1:45 cutoff.

After seeing those trails and the off sections of forest, the Barkley Marathons are ridiculous. Even the trails are tough going.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
15 mixed terrain miles on the cyclocross bike. I rode a few miles at the bike park in there, and managed to catch some air on one of the dirt jumps. You definitely get some looks doing such things on a bike with no suspension…

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1.3 miles this morning and a few times a week since starting from scratch a couple of weeks ago. I have never been a runner so gradually working my way up to running around 3-4 miles comfortably this Fall. I just mapped a 1.7 mile route I hope to graduate to next Monday.
During my run yesterday, I decided on a whim to try out the 1.7 mile route I mentioned before. I was surprised I completed it without much difficulty - I was ready to stop at the end but did not struggle. I hate the thought of having/wanting to stop mid-run so will stick to this route a few more times before graduating to a scenic 2.6 miler in a couple of weeks. I should add the return trip of any route I run is a steady, steep incline.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.