• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20.6 miles on the cyclocross bike, mostly on gravel. I got my first flat in ages (a front flat, thanks to a goathead thorn) at around 10.5 miles, otherwise I would’ve ridden another five miles.

9AD0E8B3-2653-4245-90CF-0DDF291DB6CF.jpeg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9mi, 8:09/mi, 138bpm

I had LASIK done on both eyes yesterday at 1pm, so I missed my usual evening workout. By the time my eyes stopped burning/watering it was about 7pm and I generally head to bed around 8:30. I’ll have to make it up tonight. The strength training has changed my whole game.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9mi, 8:09/mi, 138bpm

I had LASIK done on both eyes yesterday at 1pm, so I missed my usual evening workout. By the time my eyes stopped burning/watering it was about 7pm and I generally head to bed around 8:30. I’ll have to make it up tonight. The strength training has changed my whole game.
While I felt great on Monday/Wednesday with my strength training, it really drains the legs for running. It is usually the day after when I can feel it most during a run. For instance, today I could not get my legs to run the bigger hills which are usually not a problem. I could blame lack of coffee and food in the system but my legs were not wanting to cooperate.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I felt great on Monday/Wednesday with my strength training, it really drains the legs for running. It is usually the day after when I can feel it most during a run. For instance, today I could not get my legs to run the bigger hills which are usually not a problem. I could blame lack of coffee and food in the system but my legs were not wanting to cooperate.
I think you lift more frequently/longer than I do and I’m sure you get more vert on a weekly basis. The amount of fatigue your carrying is likely higher than mine. My lifting is pretty basic, just 60 minutes after my harder runs (1 speed workout + long run). I’ll focus on a few major compound movements and then spend the rest of the time on a core circuit.

Lower Split
• 8x sets of barbell back squats
• 8x sets of conventional dead lift
• Core: half bosu-ball planks, butterfly kicks, Russian twists, uniwheel roll outs (x3)

Upper Split
• 5x standing barbell rows
• 5x standing overhead press
• 5x dumbbell bench press
• Same core routine

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you lift more frequently/longer than I do and I’m sure you get more vert on a weekly basis. The amount of fatigue your carrying is likely higher than mine. My lifting is pretty basic, just 60 minutes after my harder runs (1 speed workout + long run). I’ll focus on a few major compound movements and then spend the rest of the time on a core circuit.

Lower Split
• 8x sets of barbell back squats
• 8x sets of conventional dead lift
• Core: half bosu-ball planks, butterfly kicks, Russian twists, uniwheel roll outs (x3)

Upper Split
• 5x standing barbell rows
• 5x standing overhead press
• 5x dumbbell bench press
• Same core routine
Close to same routine here except for core and I only spend an hour at most each day. I alternate 5x5 or 4x6 depending on amount of time I have. I do Squat, Bench, Row on one day then Squat, OHP, DL on the other. Not putting close to your weight up though :)

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close to same routine here except for core and I only spend an hour at most each day. I alternate 5x5 or 4x6 depending on amount of time I have. I do Squat, Bench, Row on one day then Squat, OHP, DL on the other. Not putting close to your weight up though :)
That’s a lot of work! More than I can handle. Way to cowboy up.

There’s always someone stronger/faster…but I think we can agree that no one jerks it quite like @Texasmade

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
25 miles on the cyclocross bike. I rode the 3.6 miles to the top of the hill and back (mostly gravel), then rode the rest with a friend who is racing Boulder Ironman 70.3 this weekend. Her Zone 4 efforts left me in the dust, but generally it was good to catch up with a friend I hadn’t seen for six years.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This has to be the most comical event in the Olympics

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10mi, 8:16/mi, 128bpm

Jogging with 2 friends. We were all pretty tired and sore, which was partly comedic and comforting.

@sugarbutch - I don’t understand race walking…but I do know a few people who are serious/passionate about it and they really get offended when their sport is mocked. I think people get into the sport because it’s easier on the body than running but requires a lot of technique? I dunno. Apparently it was THEE sport back in the 1800’s. Shrug. I saw the men’s 50k and it looked painful to me.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting it's easy or that they aren't athletes, just that it's 20k of haters gonna hate meme. :)

(As a spectator, I don't like the subjective element of judging when someone crosses the line from walking to running.)

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.