• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another 8 miles or shall I say 7.6 miles according to Garmin. Same exact run as yesterday, just slower. Need to hydrate more for these runs as I am drained by them. May need to switch hydration to an electrolyte mix versus plain water.

EDIT: pic for accuracy 😂
9E5109B7-E58E-4F8B-BF3A-8004038C1BAD.jpeg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12.3 this morning on the cx bike (mostly trails and gravel) and 16.7 this afternoon on the mountain bike (road and paths, with some laps at the bike park). Temps in the low 90s (eff running weather).

A57F718E-A309-480C-9BA7-1E6E3AB5CF3F.jpeg

13159BFB-35C1-41C4-ACFA-E23D4EABA806.jpeg

35A1C2C6-A13F-4B49-8EC2-4D0B3BE024F1.jpeg

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 mile bike this afternoon, with another flat! Ride had to be cut short and a super fun half mile walk in bike shoes to the LBS. This time it was a hole in the tube, probably caused by rubbing against the rim. Brought it to the LBS and they added a layer of electrical tape to prevent this from happening again.

4.5 mile run with evening, 9:30 average pace.

Another 5k race tomorrow but my legs still feel like trash so it’s probably going to be a fun run.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took this morning off from running as I was a lot more sore from my late night mile than I figured I’d be.

This afternoon I went to the beach house to meet up with my wife and kids. There’s a good sand bar about 100’ from the shore this year (after a couple years without the sandbar) and my oldest daughter wanted to race me in the water with her swimming and me running on the sandbar. So we did about 50 meter “sprints” with me running in thigh-deep water. We did about 5 or 6 of those and now I’m beat!

At least the water was warm today!
It slipped my mind to follow up with you until now, but South Haven was a really pleasant trip for us a few weeks ago. It also helps that is was cool and overcast the whole time I was there, so we avoided the baking heat. Thanks again for the info.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just an hour of bouldering at the gym this morning. I felt surprisingly good considering that I’ve only climbed a few times in the past month. Maybe I needed the recovery… My weight is also down and nearing my target.

I did maybe 20 problems, including flashing three of the four V4s I got on. I also worked a few V5s, that should go.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the last two months or so, I have been doing all of my running in low heart rate ranges. The idea was to try the MAF training, heart heatlh, etc. I thought I would try a faster run today on a known course as something of a benchmark.

Turns out, running slow helps you run slow. I will definitely be making some training changes in the near future to make running more enjoyable and faster.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my brain: racing is back! let's do all the races!

my body:
1627477359591.png

another 5K last night. legs all week have been feeling kinda tired but managed a good showing for my second race in six days. 3.15 mile course in 21:08, averaging 6:42 pace, which is almost identical to my average pace from last wednesday night. pacing though this time around was much better! 6:46 / 6:38 / 6:53. i was much more deliberate with my start and it paid off in that i felt much better in the second mile. tried to keep that up in the third but unfortunately fatigue set in and even though my brain said go, my body said no hahaha. still was able to outkick a few people in the last .1.

placed 49th overall (top 50 woo!) in a fast race that saw the winner finish in 16:19 and the top 10 come in under 17.

happy though that between the two races i've had a consistent pace overall and averaging out the two distances (last one being short, this one being long) my true 5K time is just under 21. it's a big improvement over my earlier 5K this year and a huge one over anything i did last year. feels good to know the effort is paying off.

ETA: race kit because this is styleforum

D3B6ED80-7812-4ABE-9F83-2C81CABB7628.jpeg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been lifting quite a bit and managed a new PB on my clean at 215 lbs at body weight of 174lbs.

Last time I was able to lift that was when I was a junior in high school. Unfortunately I failed on the jerk portion. So far my best clean and jerk is 210 lbs.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.