• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Yesterday did 15 miles in 2:08, the farthest I have ever run.
I felt after 13 miles I had nothing left. I ate some GU at 7, finished all the water I had with at 9, I have no idea how you all run a Marathon!
I have a few half marathons I have signed up for this year, goal is to do it in 1:45.

We should start a weekly mileage thread.

heh - reminds me of my first 15. Holy Cow - it was July or August, and I ran without gel but I think I had water, and...I got home, sat on the doorstep for about 10 minutes and put the hose over my head as I slowly worked up the energy to open the front door.

The thing is, your next 15 won't be nearly as hard, and then you'll go to 18, and your first one will be epic WTF-ness, but your next 18 won't suck so badly, and then you'll crack 20 or 21 and wonder what exactly was so hard about 15.

Today - I recuperated from the 10k, and also a lot of back-yard work. Tomorrow, though - back to the mileage.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm very happy to learn that my usual route is 4.25 miles rather than the 2.5 I thought it was. Lots of hills though.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I'm very happy to learn that my usual route is 4.25 miles rather than the 2.5 I thought it was. Lots of hills though.

confused.gif

Dac

Reaction score
I ran 1.5 miles today, as I do 4 days a week in training for Army recruitment test. Need 10:30 mins currently about 12:04 although I did a 11.30 the other week.

Btw, 'why' - Do I know you from TSR?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what TSR is, so probably not.

Dac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I have no idea what TSR is, so probably not.
Ah ok, just somebody had the same username and was a bit of a fitness guru
smile.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Some inspiring runs in here lately!

Sunday morning: 17 miles in 2:25:36.

Freaking love my Garmin Forerunner - making me a more conscientious and efficient runner.

Mile 1 pace: 8:19
Slowest mile (mile 10 - big hill): 9:20
Fastest mile (Mile 14): 7:57
Mile 17 pace: 8:04
Avg. Pace: 8:34
Calories burned: 1687

Yeah, the Garmin Forerunners rule.
Whats cool is after a year, you can see all the miles and calories you have burned.

Have you used your Virtural Partner?

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Yeah, the Garmin Forerunners rule.
Whats cool is after a year, you can see all the miles and calories you have burned.

Have you used your Virtural Partner?

Not yet, but I think I'm going to give it a try on Thursday for my 6 mile tempo run.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good stuff lately...

a brisk 6.6 miles today into a nice strong headwind for more than half of the run, but temps were in the 40's so NICE! Time? A little over 40 minutes! getting back into race shape.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.7 miles. I planned on doing 10 (for my weekly long run... lol i know its only 10miles but still thats long for me) but started cramping up. I forgot that I worked out pretty heavy before the planned long run and also ran a race yesterday. Its a scary feeling cramping up but at least I know the probable reasons.

jwied82

Reaction score
6.2 tonight in 41:57.

everyone talking of 17 and 18 mile runs is making me want to get back to doing longer runs again... i haven't ran over 8 miles in like 6 months now.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
6.2 tonight in 41:57.

everyone talking of 17 and 18 mile runs is making me want to get back to doing longer runs again... i haven't ran over 8 miles in like 6 months now.

I think you would be an incredible marathoner.

How about if we all plan on having SF meet up at the April 2013 for the Boston Marathon? That will give us 2 years to qualify (not that a lot of you gentlemen need two years, but I sure do). Just thinking out loud, but here are the qualifying times:

QUALIFYING TIMES*
AGE GROUP MEN WOMEN
18-34 3hrs 10min 3hrs 40min
35-39 3hrs 15min 3hrs 45min
40-44 3hrs 20min 3hrs 50min
45-49 3hrs 30min 4hrs 00min
50-54 3hrs 35min 4hrs 05min
55-59 3hrs 45min 4hrs 15min
60-64 4hrs 00min 4hrs 30min
65-69 4hrs 15min 4hrs 45min
70-74 4hrs 30min 5hrs 00min
75-79 4hrs 45min 5hrs 15min
80 and over 5hrs 00min 5hrs 30min
*An additional 59 seconds will be accepted for each age group time standard. For example, a net time of 3:50:59 will be accepted for a 42-year-old woman.

Right now I would qualify if I was a 45 year old woman
laugh.gif
. Worst case scenario is that I train like a madman and don't qualify, but end up in the best shape of my life. What do you guys think? Anybody in?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
I think you would be an incredible marathoner.

How about if we all plan on having SF meet up at the April 2013 for the Boston Marathon? That will give us 2 years to qualify (not that a lot of you gentlemen need two years, but I sure do). Just thinking out loud, but here are the qualifying times:

(...)

Right now I would qualify if I was a 45 year old woman
laugh.gif
. Worst case scenario is that I train like a madman and don't qualify, but end up in the best shape of my life. What do you guys think? Anybody in?

I am thinking - long term - I train to race the 2011 half, shoot to get under 95 minutes, and then leverage that into the 2012 marathon, when I'll be 40 and under the 3:20 qualifier.

Also: the 2012 Houston marathon is also the Olympic Trials, and should be an epic production.

today - btw - 2.6 miles, spent most of my morning studying Accounting.

spencers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
I ran 18.1 miles on Saturday in about 2:20; then went home to upload the info to my nike+ account and my ipod (nano) shorted or something, and lost/ deleted the run. Of course it couldn't have been a 5k that I lost.

Has anyone else ever had this problem of losing runs with their Ipod?

Yes. Make sure you END the run.

I've had it happen to me twice. I hit pause instead of ending the run and when the Nano went to sleep, the run was lost!

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I am thinking - long term - I train to race the 2011 half, shoot to get under 95 minutes, and then leverage that into the 2012 marathon, when I'll be 40 and under the 3:20 qualifier.

Also: the 2012 Houston marathon is also the Olympic Trials, and should be an epic production.

today - btw - 2.6 miles, spent most of my morning studying Accounting.

Good deal - I'll will be shooting for a 95 minute half on Memorial Day this year.

The 2012 Houston Marathon sounds like a great race to PR. My goal is to break the 3:45 mark at the Long Beach Marathon in October.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads