• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.3mi, 6:58/mi, 149bpm

Working miles: 6:25, 6:22, 6:23, :37 (6:10 pace) -- 6:23/mi avg or 19:47 5k
Target pace: JD's VDot of no faster than 6:23/mi.

A 5k threshold run sandwiched between 2 miles of warm-up and 2 miles of cool down. Perfect morning temperature wise, low 50's, low dew point, partly cloudy. I do these workouts at the same place for normalizing data. It's a flat 1.9 mile loop with some curves near the river in this wildlife preserve. The fog lifting off the river basin in the early dawn light created a cool ambiance. I was the only one there so I went shirtless to cut down on laundry.

Laced up the new Adidas Adizero Adios Pro 2's...what a mouthful of a name. As a marketer by trade, I'll never fully understand the rationale behind running shoe companies and nonsensically long and difficult to recall names, but I digress. I'll spare you from a long post on my first impressions and these definitely deserve more miles but the first run was promising. Net/Net it's not Vaporfly caliber, but if you're an Adidas fan or their lasts work well for you you're going to be really happy with these.

--

@Man with Apple , I don't follow a daily agenda type plan and maybe that will change as I continue to learn from experience. I have a general framework of dividing training blocks into phases based on what I've read. My approach is Lydiard heavy, but I reference Daniels, McMillian, Tinman, etc. to keep things within ranges. Basically for the next 8-weeks I'll slowly build up to 70-80mpw and adjust/cutback as the body provides feedback with 1 long run and 1 workout per week. Then I'll transition into more marathon-specific work for 4 weeks holding volume with a bigger emphasis on LR pace. Then start to sharpen for ~2 weeks to try an make marathon pace a comfortable jog before a 10-day taper.
Anyone have thoughts about the Adizero Pro shoes?

@Dusty Heaters I assume you have run in these :)
He posted a review here.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bdavro23 - If we’re talking about the same one I’m thinking of (linked below), than it was easily one of the worst shoes I’ve ever had the displeasure of running in. I disliked nearly everything about it and couldn’t bring myself to donate them in fear that it would illicit the same disappointment on someone else. I’d rather run barefoot.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bdavro23 - If we’re talking about the same one I’m thinking of (linked below), than it was easily one of the worst shoes I’ve ever had the displeasure of running in. I disliked nearly everything about it and couldn’t bring myself to donate them in fear that it would illicit the same disappointment on someone else. I’d rather run barefoot.

Well, that was pretty succinct...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re a size 11 you can have them for free. That goes for anyone if you throw me a couple bucks for shipping. 36 (disappointing) miles on them.
I have some Inov-8 trail shoes that fall into this bucket. Even walking in the shoes would cause blisters over short distances.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So terrible that your dog can't even use them as chew toys?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some Inov-8 trail shoes that fall into this bucket. Even walking in the shoes would cause blisters over short distances.
That’s a shame. I’ve been intrigued by their trail line over the years, especially the ones with those wicked lugs. Bummer that the shoes are about as remarkable as their origin country’s cuisine.

I'm an 11. This is good to know for the future...
If you don’t mind used shoes, I have plenty I could offer you (free). I generally donate them to the local HS after I fill a box.

So terrible that your dog can't even use them as chew toys?
She’s always been the checks over stripes type. 😄 In all honesty I try not to reinforce bad habits…She’s a smart dog, but not smart enough to discern that particular pair from the bunch that I actually like.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a shame. I’ve been intrigued by their trail line over the years, especially the ones with those wicked lugs. Bummer that the shoes are about as remarkable as their origin country’s cuisine.

If you don’t mind used shoes, I have plenty I could offer you (free). I generally donate them to the local HS after I fill a box.

She’s always been the checks over stripes type. 😄 In all honesty I try not to reinforce bad habits…She’s a smart dog, but not smart enough to discern that particular pair from the bunch that I actually like.
I'm sure donating them is a much better use of them than giving them to me, but thats a very kind offer. I will however, take you up on that offer of going for a run once I get a little bit of fitness back!

Also, I saw a deal for those Adizero Pros for $80, so I bought them before I saw your scathing review. Tryin to stimulate the economy and everything...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15 miles, 7:41/mi, 148bpm.

Started around 6am, already mid-70’s with a similar dew point. I had an electrolyte drink before heading out and carried a single 17oz handheld with me. My breathing and legs were fine, but the atmosphere just made things feel like my chest was being squeezed. I thought about throwing in a chunk of miles at GMP but decided it was really early in the training block and to just subtly progress to steady. It’s going to be a rough summer for me training in the heat.

1CDB61A7-DF74-4DA8-92EA-79C0C3570D7A.jpeg

—-

I'm sure donating them is a much better use of them than giving them to me, but thats a very kind offer. I will however, take you up on that offer of going for a run once I get a little bit of fitness back!

Also, I saw a deal for those Adizero Pros for $80, so I bought them before I saw your scathing review. Tryin to stimulate the economy and everything...
Ah well, take my feedback with a grain of salt. I’m just a no talent, nobody, who couldn’t make the roster of a girls HS JV team. I really hope you do like them! Personally, they were heavier and much firmer than I expected. I didn’t get any bounce or pop from the midsole and they didn’t work with my gait at all. I felt noticeably beaten up after running in them.

Come to think of it, you should just refuse delivery and take mine for free.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.