• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.5 miles last night. 1.5 warm up, 4 of a hill workout, 1 cool down.

same hill workout as last time. 3 sets of a long, medium, and short hill with decreasing rest and increasing pace. it was hard but did it with two others so we helped each other along. checking my results against the last time i did this workout, my overall pace increased, and my segments were faster, though i think my recovery was slightly slower this time around. i'm more happy that i was able to keep each segment pretty consistent between the sets. last time was a very noticeable decrease as the sets progressed.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple pair of fancy new shoes and they arrived yesterday so I decided to give one of the pair a try. First up were the Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% and all I can say is, "Holy crap, believe the hype!"

I warmed up with about a mile jog to the track and then did a 5k and it felt great right off the bat. I managed to set PRs for 1k (3:49), 1 mile (6:13), 2 miles (12:41), and 5k (20:04). I thought maybe I shaved a second or two off of my 5k time but it wasn't even close. I bested my previous 5k by 62 seconds. The other PRs had similar percentage improvements.

I took a "break" and did another 5.2k through the surrounding neighborhood but that included 4x800 and then went right back to the track for another 5k. I felt great for the 2nd 5k with very little fatigue. I ended up missing another PR by about 10 seconds and looking at my splits I was on pace to set another PR until I decided to start fiddling around with my watch and screwing myself up a bit. I should have just let it go and not bothered with it.

Oh, and I did all this on less than 6 hours sleep and I'd run nearly 85 miles in the previous 7 days. I can only imagine what I could do with "fresh legs" with these shoes!

DD006E07-D75F-40A6-8583-5AF9E3E70020.jpeg
F641603E-6069-4DA9-A7D5-859E796A6AB2.jpeg

If I had one complaint it would be that these shoes are about 0% waterproof. I had to walk through about 30' of grass when leaving the track the first time and my feet were nearly soaked from the dew. On the plus side, there's enough ventilation that my feet were pretty much dried out after another couple miles.

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did a five mile trail run at North Table Mountain Park (next to Golden, CO). What a great place to run. I ran a nice loop with a maximum elevation of 6,552’ and some steep hills. Temps in the upper 40s to low 50s.
I’ve run that loop before! Beautiful place. Loved how well the trail was maintained and the various vantage points. It was cool to see gravel bikes out there too. Everyone was very considerate and kind.

I remember trying to use my phone to film the group of us while running since I was in the front and tripped over a root. The fall ended up cracking my screen. Haha. Served me right.

I ordered a couple pair of fancy new shoes and they arrived yesterday so I decided to give one of the pair a try. First up were the Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% and all I can say is, "Holy crap, believe the hype!"
I tried to tell you guys!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next % 2
Alphafly
Endorphin Pro
Fuelcell RC Elite 2

I like the Next % for any distance under 10m and the alpha for anything over.
The Alphafly are actually the other pair that I ordered. I am planning to bust them out for Monday morning's back-to-back 10k runs and am looking forward to them.

I'm also waiting for the ASICS Metaspeed Sky to come back in stock in my size as I want to give those a try too. Something that may help Dusty or any other vets out there: ASICS offers 40% off of any regular price merchandise for veterans (Nike offers 20% off on most shoes for vets).

I keep hearing good things about the Fuelcell RC and the Endorphin Pro so I'm always keeping an eye out for good deals.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work went long last night so I slothed around the house. This morning I dropped the kids off and completed another weight session. I could still feel Tuesday's session but I am just getting back into things.

The plan tonight is to run with the trail group but gotta see how the day plays out. I get the side eye when I want to work out twice in a day...

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Alphafly are actually the other pair that I ordered. I am planning to bust them out for Monday morning's back-to-back 10k runs and am looking forward to them.

I'm also waiting for the ASICS Metaspeed Sky to come back in stock in my size as I want to give those a try too. Something that may help Dusty or any other vets out there: ASICS offers 40% off of any regular price merchandise for veterans (Nike offers 20% off on most shoes for vets).

I keep hearing good things about the Fuelcell RC and the Endorphin Pro so I'm always keeping an eye out for good deals.
Heads up. The next % 2 just dropped on Nike.com.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Endorphin Pros in a completely unadvertised flash sale on one colorway - I just happened to be on the site at the time. I'm convinced the things are a little dangerous though - if you aren't careful, they make you run faster than you are really able to, which equals injuries.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bouldered at the gym for 45 minutes or so this morning. I only finished 15 problems, but I put in some solid efforts on a V5 that has been eluding me this past week.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.2 trail miles this evening over 2 runs. One 3.6 loop by myself then another 5.6 with the group. A slower crowd to start tonight but one girl was pretty quick so we put in a mile together then she slowed down. I caught a guy I hadn’t seen in a few years that reminds me of FM. He is a little older and just flies which I’d imagine a run with FM would be like. I held on them we split off in the end. He told me to email him but never gave an email and I only know his first name. Will have to look at old race results to find him..

c0de

Reaction score
Slow as frack 5k yesterday after taking 4 weeks off (for fasting). Hoping to kick start things back this weekend. But also wondering how much I should adhere to the "increase weekly mileage by 10%".

c0de

Reaction score
Next % 2
Alphafly
Endorphin Pro
Fuelcell RC Elite 2

I like the Next % for any distance under 10m and the alpha for anything over.
I've love to try one of those, especially the next%.. but after many years running in Kinvaras (and lately freedom) I am not sure I can go back to high drop (and high stack) shoes.. and I am too cheap to try..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.