• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0 last week, in miles or km.

This morning I ran 2km with my son and friends, partly for their benefit and partly to test things out. The verdict is that I'm not sure. I will probably go out for a longer easy run later as a further test.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.4 miles last night. This was post dinner and weekend yard work so I was sorer than I thought. My pace was 10:15/mi for the run which is super slow but the evening was enjoyable so I was fine with that pace.

Got out with my son yesterday to ride his bike. Need to head out just us with the balance bike a few times then we should be good to go.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
43 yesterday. Wonderful to be out on the trails, but something is up with my fit (which hasn’t changed), and both knees were hurting. Low-sided coming down Bobcat (at a very reasonable speed, just an unlucky encounter with some deep gravel just off-line).

C2A7A093-D0A0-438C-9CAC-FACB4A3CBCEA.jpeg
1CE43E1B-99DC-438A-985F-99D7D33C627B.jpeg
8F5DE6E3-F9B1-412B-A172-F8D60CA4990B.jpeg
578DCFF9-BF7C-4A51-B33D-238571254B58.jpeg

31593D30-AE5C-4D98-A05D-0C514748EFC1.jpeg
E3347DB4-E274-45E8-89C7-991C3D253E87.jpeg
FA2B85E4-234C-4D2A-BB53-B948BB03FD3B.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.7 miles this morning including about twelve 1k segments at the track, alternating between 5k pace and half marathon pace. After the laps around the track I decided to move over to the bleachers by the football field and run up and down them a bunch of times. The bleachers aren't very tall so it wasn't as much of a workout as I was anticipating.Last I went and did 10 dashes from sideline to sideline on the fancy football/lacrosse field with the hi-tech fake grass. It was sooooo much nicer than running across the real grass soccer field that's inside the running track.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles last night. wanted to do a track workout but as i started my warm up my right knee felt a bit achy. by the time i had gotten up to the track it was feeling a bit sore and stiff. so no track, a bunch of stretching and a bit of strength instead. a super easy jog home, with some ice after more stretching. feels a bit better this morning but i'll see how it goes today before my run tonight.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went lifting last night for the first time since I got my C19 shot. It was probably around a 2 week break. I felt good and energized. I was still able to bench and snatch close to my 1 rep max but squat and deadlifts were way down. Probably because my legs were tired as shit from doing a lot of running Saturday and Sunday.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are enjoying spring here though a cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow and Thursday. I keep putting away my long sleeved running shirts only to dig them back out again every other week.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are due to get some snow tonight but it won't be like that... don't think it will even last.
The roads are mostly clear now. I’ll run tomorrow at lunchtime (I’d do it today if my wife wasn’t stuck in meetings all day). We got about 8” of new snow, pushing the season total to over 100 inches.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question to the runners here. Do you run with your phone? If you do, what do you use to carry it?

I tried running with my phone in my back pocket but didn't like the feel of it. I'm thinking of getting the arm sleeve holder but I haven't found one that I like.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question to the runners here. Do you run with your phone? If you do, what do you use to carry it?

I tried running with my phone in my back pocket but didn't like the feel of it. I'm thinking of getting the arm sleeve holder but I haven't found one that I like.
i do not run with a phone but a whole bunch of people i run with really like the flipbelt to carry their stuff. they say it keeps everything secure and no jostling mostly.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After getting a Garmin watch that I can store music on, I no longer run with my phone most days. When I do take my phone though, I use a FlipBelt. I can put in my keys, driver's license, a credit card, and my phone and it stays very secure and doesn't jostle around. Most importantly, if I put cash in there it doesn't get all sweaty so I don't feel gross pulling it out to pay for some ice cream if I stop mid-run.

I've tried a few different arm bands but never found one that was particularly comfortable and a few of them would cause some pretty bad chaffing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy