• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Which one did you pick up? I’ve also been debating another as it’s basically the only thing I reach for on cold days now.

I got the blaze orange one. It looked like the most reflective, plus, I really like orange so it was a win/win.

This is the one: https://cieleathletics.com/shop/cr2beanie-spectro/

If I order a second one, I think I just want another of the same.

Here I am rocking it with my “frosted tips” this morning (my hair was actually a lot icier when I got done but thawed out a bit when I went into the garage to set down my glasses).

766922E8-08D2-4B4C-AB54-81C835CF05B2.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.2 miles today in weird weather conditions. Phone said 48 but it felt a lot colder so tights and a long sleeve. I get half way into my run and the warmer air settled in making in warm. Felt great overall which was nice after a week off.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to run the longest time ever. I jogged a whopping 26min straight. I then walked another 4 min before turning around and walking home which took another hour. I’m guessing maybe 5.5-6 miles total.

You running 4 minute miles???

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh...I didn’t catch the hour reference haha. I saw the 26 minute job and mileage reference. Thought we had an Olympian on the thread!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Good to see you all getting out (or in, in some cases). It's started to get a bit cold here; it was -18ºC (-0.5ºF) when I went out at 7:30 this morning for an easy just under 15km (9 1/3 miles). This is what I looked like when I got back...

IMG_5809 copy.jpg

Anyway, it's been a pretty good last couple of weeks - I had an 11-day streak, which is something I usually avoid, but I had hardly run at all in the first two weeks of the month, and I wanted to get to 175km (109 miles) by the end of January - which I did. About half have my runs have been easy between 10.2 and 18.2km (6 1/3 to 11 1/3 miles), a quarter have been distance intervals (1km on, 1 km off, usually over 10.6 km / 6 1/2 miles), and a quarter cross-country hill repeat / strength laps (around 7km / 4 1/3 miles for each session).

Next month will be much the same, except I'm going to try to run 6 days a week all month and aim at 200-250km (125-155 miles).

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.4 miles today at just under 8min/mi. At first it was a normal 8 miler then about 2 miles in I decided to pick it up in quarter mile increments. After 5-6 of those I just kept the pace up. Finished feeling great but slow compared to my former self.

Temps were around 50 when I started then dropped down by the time I was done. Weird weather here with chance of snow tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads