1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

3.87 miles in 32 minutes.

2. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

just a bit of warm-up and a fast(er) mile to see where my fitness is presently. 5:13 mile, definitely need to get back under 5

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

5 miles. I've done my runs all last week by breaking them up into two runs now. i wake up early and do 3 miles and then when I get home I do another 3miles.

A 3 mile run allows me to finish up the run and get a quick shower all in 30min. I have the energy from the quick run in the morning and can work off some stress/clear my head in the 2nd run after 6pm/7pm.

The only disadvantage I see is that I have a lot more laundry to do now with all the used workout clothes/socks in a week. Actually another disadvantage is getting a runners high going (if at all) within 3miles.

4. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

^^ Solid workout. Personally I like keeping an active rest between sprints, so keep a real slow jog for 45 seconds, then sprint all out 15 seconds and repeat.

How did the shoes work out?
    How do you think they would hold up on a road run?

5. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

How did the shoes work out?
    How do you think they would hold up on a road run?

Shoes worked out very, very well. I bought a size a tiny bit too small for my foot (still very comfortable) and am buying a pair a 1/2 size larger to use for everyday running. The pair I have currently will be my race day shoe as I find a tighter shoe more responsive... some coaches have told me this isn't quite normal, but maybe a habit of me always being in ultra-tight climbing shoes.

Anyway, the shoe is awesome. I could see myself putting in a 10+ mile run in these and having no issue... they really do live up to the hype.

As for road runs, I would say it depends on the length of the run. For short runs likely no problem, longer may be an issue with wear... comfort will not be an issue IMO. But if you do solely road running then I would suggest a different pair. Even if you alternate between road and trail, keep different pairs for each is my two cents. The shoes last just as long as you use them less frequently. I personally keep 3 pairs of trail shoes around and 3 pairs of 'road'/'sprint' shoes around depending on the workout. To some this may seem like overkill and maybe it is, but it works well for me and the life of the shoe is extended.

6. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

ran a somewhat hilly 10k race this evening in 35:45. Yep, a 10k road race on a Wednesday night. A big running club does a series during the summer with races at 6:15 on wednesday, which i love.
    Other than that, a couple weeks ago i stopped using my garmin or watch of any kind when i run, but i think ive been between 35 and 40 mpw. I was pleasantly surprised with my time when i got to the finish tonight, im in a little better shape than i thought.

7. Borrelli

Borrelli Senior member

Stopped after 15 minutes last night, pain in the right lower leg again. From what I can judge it is my Achilles tendon where it attaches to the calf muscles. Even normal walking is a bit painful now.
    I am going to take a full seven day recovery, perhaps only some light stretching and very light cycling. Then try to jog slowly and short distances the first few times after that.

8. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

After a restful Wednesday, I got back at the roads: 6.7 miles in 49:00. Felt a little distress on the last loop and started breathing quicker, but other than that things felt fine.

10. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

3.09 miles in about 22:30. Had to cut my run short as I was running late and only had about 1/2 hour. Focused on a front to midfoot strike as heel strikes bother my ankle - will feel it in my calves tomorrow ... [​IMG]

11. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

4.21 miles in 35 minutes this morning.

12. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

13. supermidget

supermidget Senior member

really short run, timed around probably 25 minutes, don't know total mileage but definitely under 3, my first time going barefoot. how fitting for earth day!

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

10.2 miles this morning in 82 minutes
    Did a fast mile this evening with my daughter.

Im really liking the midfoot running, however, my calves feel like they are made of stone.

15. innocentbystander

innocentbystander Well-Known Member

Sunday - 10 miles
    Monday - 20 miles (10x2)
    Tuesday - 20 miles (10x2)
    Wednesday - 10 miles
    Today - 20 miles (10x2)
    Tomorrow - 20 miles (10x2)

Total week - 100 miles

16. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Sunday 9.6
    Tuesday 8.5
    Wednesday 4.5 with the impending storm blowing at me most of the way:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got real nasty at the end...

17. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

Sunday - 10 miles
    Monday - 20 miles (10x2)
    Tuesday - 20 miles (10x2)
    Wednesday - 10 miles
    Today - 20 miles (10x2)
    Tomorrow - 20 miles (10x2)

Total week - 100 miles

That's some crazy mileage.

18. Lowndes

Lowndes Senior member

3.52 miles in 27:45. Came out to 7:54 a mile so I was able to get my goal of a sub 8 minute mile. Tomorrow I plan on going for my first long run of about an hour.

19. innocentbystander

innocentbystander Well-Known Member

That's some crazy mileage.

Well, I'm pretty passionate about running, I don't do it just for fitness. Last December I ran the California International Marathon in 2:43:15 chip time. I'm hoping to go sub 2:40 either with a fall or winter marathon.

20. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

5 miles in under 30 minutes (did not time myself to be specific)