• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half mile warm up
1 mile cool down

I managed 7:25/mile pace for the 10k and set a PR of 46:02

It was still pretty humid but we had temps in the upper 60s today. It's supposed to be similarly cooler for most of the week so I'm looking forward to that.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 miles yesterday, 8:07 pace, 137bpm.

We originally set out to do 12, then that became 10, before eventually calling it a day at 8.

I’ve been running poorly the past 5 or so trips out. I think it has something to do with my sleep...I keep waking up every hour or two and likely never get to fully recover. My legs have been feeling tired and heavy.

Sleep plays a big part in running. I am more likely to give up runs after a bad nights sleep just because I know I need to rest.

Yesterday was supposed to be something around 10 miles and life just had different plans. Until we sell our house, I have no clue how running will go as we are staying at my inlaws since they are out of town. May end up back at our house but working from home and conference calls make the unpredictability rough to plan life around there. Add to that my ****** diet the past few weeks and life is just meh but I should be grateful and I tell myself that.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nine in 90. Was cool thanks to the rain. Probably my fastest time on this loop. Felt good the whole time

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.2 miles this morning. Temps were in the low 60s and it felt amazing!

I worked on my pacing and tried to concentrate on hitting specific paces for each mile. My "slow" goal was something slower than 9:30/mile; my "medium" goal was between 8:30/mile and 9:00/mile; and my "fast" goal was faster than 8:15/mile.

2 miles slow (averaged about 9:45/mile)
2 miles medium (averaged about about 8:35/mile)
2 miles fast (averaged about 8:00/mile)
1 mile slow (9:25/mile)
2 miles medium (averaged about 8:44/mile)
Final 1.2 miles (averaged about 7:52/mile)

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a rest day yesterday.

Today I got out on the road at 5:30 a.m. for 8 miles. Weather was low 60’s. Humidity felt a little higher, but not too bad. Took the first couple miles nice and easy and ran negative splits the entire run. Productive morning.

CB7068B5-6087-428C-8520-9B8C6A2E54B7.jpeg

I ran in my Saucony Triumph 17s. Really like these shoes. Buttery soft runs. They just released the 18 and I picked up a couple pairs. Highly recommend them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took a rest day yesterday.

Today I got out on the road at 5:30 a.m. for 8 miles. Weather was low 60’s. Humidity felt a little higher, but not too bad. Took the first couple miles nice and easy and ran negative splits the entire run. Productive morning.

View attachment 1435863

I ran in my Saucony Triumph 17s. Really like these shoes. Buttery soft runs. They just released the 18 and I picked up a couple pairs. Highly recommend them.

(Just hit play it starts at her quote for you)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 mostly trail miles with the dogs. We did the last half mile at a 7:45 pace. Temps in the low 80s.

Also, I’m working on my smile.
085F2B9B-64BD-4CA0-84DD-D608A6765C13.jpeg

Last edited:

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in 5 miles this morning. Decided to do two faster warm up miles followed by 3 negative split miles to get in some speed work. Legs were feeling a bit heavy. Seems like @Dusty Heaters and I are dealing with similar lethargy.

Overall pace came in at 6:41. I was most surprised with HR which was around 165, much lower than my normal readings for this pace. Just furthers my belief that this thing isn’t tracking me right.

D8B972C6-5943-44B4-B431-7DBE6F8B2C78.jpeg

DDECE426-4A57-49E9-B58F-E9FE446F881A.jpeg

09585371-5481-492D-97C1-F2B4CD6EF541.jpeg

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish my lethargy resulted in splits that start with 5:xx :’(

Bad news for me today. I drive 30 minutes out to a group fun run and when I get there immediately start feeling nauseous. I try to fight through it but then I start breaking out into a cold sweat and my stomach begins to knot considerable, as if someone just punched me in the gut. Hanging on by a thread I try to stagger away from the crowd and being vomiting, painfully, as there was barely anything in my stomach. Needless to say I didn’t run and drove home after I felt able to do so. What a way to make a first impression.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 miles out to the park, 30 minutes strength, 2 miles home

first run in almost 5 days as I logged 22 miles as of last Friday for that week and then took a mini break.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads