• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have decided to take an extra day off today and I'm not running. I feel like I needed a rest, I'm supposed to be tapering anyway, and I've got 30km on Sunday so I don't need the 18km today. Instead I'm going to make my Sunday 30km into a Fast Finish Long Run (go to: https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/the-marathon-long-run/ and scroll down) - TL;DR version: it's practice for running negative splits.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13.8 miles this morning. It was 58° when I began and 67° when I finished up a couple of hours later. Strava says I had a PR for best estimated 20k and Half Marathon (FWIW though, I've only been using Strava for a couple of years and used RunKeeper before that). The last few actual half marathons I ran were all in the 1 hour 50 minute range and I'm pretty sure I could get that again today, it's just hard to push myself that much when I'm on my own without the adrenaline boost from the crowd and fellow runners.

I've also started weighing myself after my run on Saturdays. The last time I weighed in before all the stay-at-home stuff began, I was at 192.6 lbs (that was February 19th). Today I weighed in at 173.6 - down almost 20 lbs exactly.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1. How are you going to be on Strava without being friends with @jbarwick , @Fueco and myself? I’m offended.
Are you guys paying for the subscription? None of the premium offerings in Summit were compelling enough for me, but now that they've put segments behind the paywall, I may finally pony up.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys paying for the subscription? None of the premium offerings in Summit were compelling enough for me, but now that they've put segments behind the paywall, I may finally pony up.
I am about to as well. For as much as I use the app, it seems worth it. My only complaint is I originally signed up with Facebook and am still attached to that interface for logging in. I tried switching but could no find out how to.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have neglected this thread the last couple weeks. Had a medical issue I was trying to diagnose but based on numerous tests looks like it might have just been a reaction to an antibiotic.

Just starting to up the mileage in prep for the next race. Did 5 miles Wednesday and 6 miles each on Thursday, Friday, and today. Today’s pace was at 7:04/mile.

@Michigan Planner Congrats on the weight loss and time improvement. That’s awesome.

Also, took delivery of the Saucony Endorphin Pros yesterday. Have not taken them on the road yet, but based on some in-home testing I think these are gonna be some nice race day shoes. Feel great and look great.

0E24FA8D-8448-4BE9-A0D5-56B5190D5CE7.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6 miles (mostly marathon pace, on the local flat gravel trails), plus 1 mile run/walk with the wife, kids and dogs. Temps in the low 70s.

I pay for Strava premium, not that I really use all of the features...

Last edited:

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, because they give 20% off New Balance and I've really been liking a few items in their line. The savings on shoes paid out the membership. I heard that they are striping down the free membership to bare-bones and putting a lot of free features behind the paywall.

Dope @Man with Apple . I took receipt of mine earlier this week but the weather has been too shitty to wear them. Let us know your first impressions when you get some miles in.

8.5 at a crawl. Low aerobic until ankle is back to normal.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm lying around on my normal Saturday day-off (having had an extra one yesterday). I'm already feeling more energetic and ready for tomorrow's fast finish long run. It's over 26ºC (over 79ºF) here today - at least - which is hotter than normal. We're actually going to swim in the lake for the first time this year.

It's going to be a bit cooler tomorrow, but I am atill starting out early (7am) to make sure I avoid the hotter parts of the day.

kjb

Reaction score
Have neglected this thread the last couple weeks. Had a medical issue I was trying to diagnose but based on numerous tests looks like it might have just been a reaction to an antibiotic.

Just starting to up the mileage in prep for the next race. Did 5 miles Wednesday and 6 miles each on Thursday, Friday, and today. Today’s pace was at 7:04/mile.

@Michigan Planner Congrats on the weight loss and time improvement. That’s awesome.

Also, took delivery of the Saucony Endorphin Pros yesterday. Have not taken them on the road yet, but based on some in-home testing I think these are gonna be some nice race day shoes. Feel great and look great.

View attachment 1393824
interested to hear about these. was looking at them because i run only in saucony and they seem to fit my foot well. next%'s are too narrow in the arch for me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first switched from RunKeeper to Strava I had the pay version for the first 5 or 6 months. I liked the extra features but felt I wasn’t really using it to its full extent. That said, I still considered re-upping for the paid version recently and now that they just moved more stuff behind the paywall this past week, I think I might finally do so. I’m just waiting to get my new G-Shock with the heart rate monitor and GPS to see how well it plays with Strava and then I’ll decide for sure. Hopefully that will arrive next week.

FWIW, I do still use RunKeeper from time to time (and then download the GPX files from there and import them to Strava because my OCD demands I have it all in one place). I like how RunKeeper has the ability to program intervals into your run so you can build a training plan. RunKeeper has that for free and if Strava had that even in their paid version I would have never stopped paying when I switched over.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.