1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. spencers

spencers Senior member

Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

Kick ass!

Tip: Be wary of the race route. The half I ran a couple weeks ago had a monstrous Arkansas hill with maybe one switchback during the last mile that I didn't know about. Talk about KILLER!

2. Kris

Kris Senior member

3.1 (5k) = 23:40, which I feel is ok for being 37 and having a 27" inseam.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Hope you rock it.

That is the same time goal I have for my first half.

Did you use a training schedule?

Right now, I pretty much run every day, 5-8 miles and 10+ on Sat, rest on Sunday.

I am also throwing Hill intervals in a few times a week.

Thanks all. Will let you know how it goes...

I don't really have much of a schedule. My girlfriend is running the same 1/2 marathon and I basically just join her for runs a couple times a week. She's on some sort of program but I don't really pay much attention to it. [​IMG]

4. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

5. Fatto_in_Italia

Fatto_in_Italia Well-Known Member

Did a 9K run with a friend of mine tonight and for the first time in months I was able to run 'so long' without any knee pain!

Hurray!

6. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

Did 10 miles yesterday...Doing my first half-marathon on May 2nd. Hoping to finish in 1:45

Good luck! I really want to try the half marathon maybe in October. I usually do 5K and 10K races and moved up to a 10 mile race last summer, so the half marathon is definitely my next goal.

7. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

4 miles today in just over 29 min. First run in over a week since I have been sick. Didn't really feel fatigued but didn't feel good about it. Hopefully get in around 35 miles this week in preperation for my half marathon May 2.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

A few weeks back I got an email from the Houston Marathon Committee: the 2012 Olympic marathon trials are going to be held in Houston. They did up t-shirts for the 2012 marathon but I was unable to get downtown in time to pick any up.

So yesterday I got the email: extra shirts for sale, so I ordered a few. yay me.

But this also helped me to re-organize my priorities - these last few weeks, it was...oh...four miles...five miles...six miles. Goofing off here and there.

Today, though: fueled by the reminder of 2012 (when I plan to run the marathon and try to qualify for Boston) and also by a rage over a lost iphone cable, I knocked out 8 miles in 1:00:19.

9. Kris

Kris Senior member

One mile in 6:42. Then another 3/4 mile in 4x 1/8mi sprints and 4x 1/16mi sprints. (There's a high school track by my house).

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

A few weeks back I got an email from the Houston Marathon Committee: the 2012 Olympic marathon trials are going to be held in Houston. They did up t-shirts for the 2012 marathon but I was unable to get downtown in time to pick any up.

So yesterday I got the email: extra shirts for sale, so I ordered a few. yay me.

But this also helped me to re-organize my priorities - these last few weeks, it was...oh...four miles...five miles...six miles. Goofing off here and there.

Today, though: fueled by the reminder of 2012 (when I plan to run the marathon and try to qualify for Boston) and also by a rage over a lost iphone cable, I knocked out 8 miles in 1:00:19.

AWESOME Thomas!
    Similar thing happened to me. My neighbor talked me into doing the Chicago marathon, now training for the half marathon is a step in the bigger picture.
    Nice time!

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

been running, just not posting...5.5 today...some of the images from a beautiful, but windy, day:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    budding spring:
    [​IMG]
    and budding spring:
    [​IMG]

12. quevola

quevola Senior member

Sweet - see you in Boston in 2012!

10 miles in 1:22.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

took 5 days off.. (wasn't planned) did a road trip through new england and finally ended up in boston today and had to run... (i was sick of driving around with the wife and her brother for so long).

i told them to just eat dinner without me... i was going for a run.

8 miles along the charles river and back trough beacon hill... some of the prettiest running i've done so far.

back home to nyc tomorrow morning....

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, woke up to a light rain which passed before I pulled on the shoes. 6.7 miles in 49:34

15. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

16. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

5 miles this morning in a little over 34 minutes. Started an interval workout but cut it short due to the weather. When I went out it was strong winds around 25 mph then it started raining. Hopefully hit the gym later today for some work on the treadmill if it continues to rain.

17. spencers

spencers Senior member

8 miles along the charles river and back trough beacon hill... some of the prettiest running i've done so far. back home to nyc tomorrow morning....
    Man, I love the Charles and Beacon Hill!

18. slider07

slider07 Well-Known Member

3 on a treadmill - cold and raining today.

Just can't seem to get over the 3 mile mark - might be mental. I run the 3 miles slower on the treadmill as well. I'm 38 and on the treadmill it takes around 28 minutes. Outside it's about 3 minutes faster. I know, it's still slow...

Still, any advice on getting past a mileage point? Should I try and run the 3 miles faster for awhile and then try and move on to 4 and 5 or run slower and try and go longer?

19. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Ran my first mile in 3 months today after sticking to the elliptical to treat shin splints.

20. whacked

whacked Senior member

4 easy miles today. Mission knee rehab continues, hopefully I'd get closer to full strength this weekend.