• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a really great deal on a surprisingly fantastic pair of shoes from Sketchers. (Yeah, Sketchers, you read that right.)

Crazy light. Great midsole foam (Hyperburst). 4mm offset. This is a good shoe for someone who enjoys responsiveness and road feel in their shoes. The upper leaves more to be desired, but for $60, I wouldn't complain.

Thanks for the heads up. Have eyed this shoe for a while.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: carrying phone

On my longer runs, I wear a small running backpack made by Nathan. It’s big enough for a small water bottle, a few energy bars, my wallet, phone, chapstick and some toilet paper. I can also carry an extra shirt or windbreaker.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i do not run with anything but keys and maybe a credit card but have numerous friends that use the flip belt and love it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.20 yesterday (giggles) to supplement some strength training in the morning.

a very easy 7 this evening at like 8:45 pace. legs felt great even with the increased activity over the past few days.
4.20 to make up for the 420 break?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll wake up early and go for a run! Should be sunny. ?

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question...just found out I am allowed to leave quarantine to run. Given I am in a new city that I have not really explored, I would like access to my phone. How do you all carry your phone?

Seems so simple, but so complicated.
I put my phone in my pocket, I usually run in lululemon pacebreaker shorts

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't go out today because we had ridiculous winds here. Will go out early tomorrow for a tempo, if it's calmed down.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles to start off Earth Day this morning.

Usually my pace is all over the place on my runs but I somehow managed to keep all of my miles within a 20 second range today. Maybe the mix of Matisyahu and QOTSA that I decided to listen to this morning had the perfect cadence?

I did stop for a moment to take some pictures of the windows outside a salon in our downtown:

In this town this is probably considered a violation of signage and window covering ordinances. ;)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 min Peloton ride last night. 2 days of this left then heading for a run on Friday. I went the box fan route for when I ride and sweat still gets everywhere.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Usually my pace is all over the place on my runs but I somehow managed to keep all of my miles within a 20 second range today. Maybe the mix of Matisyahu and QOTSA that I decided to listen to this morning had the perfect cadence?
Matisyahu and QOTSA is an unusual pairing. If I ran with music, QOTSA would be very motivating, though.

View attachment 1375178

I saw @Fueco and his lavish fan setup and thought ‘damn that’s a good idea’. So I put my hoodie, mask, and gloves on, went out to Home Deppa and got me one.
You were doing this without a fan?!

sway-1.png

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still pretty windy here today but nice and sunny with it. My tempo route today was an 8.2km (just over 5 miles) there-and-back with the first 2km with the wind and the last 2km directly into it. I was aiming for my usual 4:15 to 4:20/km. I got to the turnaround in just under 16:56 minutes, which is 4:08/km. Too fast perhaps, but I knew it would be tougher on the way back. It certainly felt slower into the wind, but I stopped the clock at 34:19, for an average of 4:11/km. And I felt pretty good.

One more 10k steady run, and a very short slow pace run the day before, and I'll be ready for my half on Sunday...

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.