• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Saturday night I kicked a post in my basement and wrecked my fourth toe on my right foot. Nail is likely coming off and it is bruised pretty bad so taking the week off. We have a drive in basement/garage and this particular post blocks the HVAC system which is required by law. Guess I parked to close to it and tried to squeeze through. Ouch!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to run every mile of every road in my city at least once or twice a year. It isn't too difficult as the city is pretty small and there are less than 100 miles of road when you factor in all the side streets. Unfortunately, a lot of those side streets are relatively long dead end roads with other little cul de sacs coming off of them so you're doubling up a lot and that really adds to the tedium.

I live on an island, albeit a relatively large one, and there are no trails at all, and the roads are generally in large grids - it's a typical settler-colonial landscape. But it makes for relatively tedious running in terms of different scenary, wherever I go. But somehow I like that tedium too, and learning to run for hours with tedium is useful...

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, whatever happened to the cycling thread? Seems that one has died?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, whatever happened to the cycling thread? Seems that one has died?

I did not find one when I looked. If there is one, I might stop polluting this thread. Of course, these are my running dudes, and what would I do without them?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, there is one in Fine Living, but appears the traffic in there has fizzled to almost nothing. So i guess the SF cyclists hang out here now?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Grrr. Battery for my electronic shifter (Shimano Dura-Ace) is dead and my charger doesn’t seem to be working. ****.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My road bike has a short-cage XTR derailleur from the 90s. ? Probably will last forever.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Grrr. Battery for my electronic shifter (Shimano Dura-Ace) is dead and my charger doesn’t seem to be working. ****.
Well ain't you fancy! (Seriously, though, that sucks)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Bought it used with very low mileage. Still the most I’ve ever paid for a bike but not insanely expensive.

Honestly I’ve always sucked at shifting at thought going electronic would help. I still suck but the system is smarter than me so it doesn’t matter.
Honestly I’ve always sucked at shifting at thought going electronic would help. I still suck but the system is smarter than me so it doesn’t matter.

Now I’m just annoyed that I went for an electronic gadget instead of a reliable mechanism.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IIRC, the Di2 system has a central battery which powers the derailleurs, and the shifters are wired switches. SRAM's wireless system requires four batteries.

@imatlas, maybe there's a loose connection preventing charging?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads