• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ran 3.1 miles with the dfollowed by a 10.25 mile ride with my wife and kids (I was pulling the trailer with the kids).

I sounded like this when I used to cycle. Go out with a casual B group then it turns into a race every damned time.
some roadie passed me on the last hill today, and I almost jumped out of the saddle to chase him down. That would’ve been an epic sight... Guy pulling a trailer on a cyclocross bike chases down roadie!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last 'long run' before the race today, and actually not that long, because of the taper - just my 16km route (about 10 miles). The air is starting to get cold in the morning now, but it was sunny and clear, which was perfect for a riverside run. It was all nice and smooth, and I ended up just under 6min/km again.

Now, the whole of the rest of this week until next Sunday, I will only run a total of 16km. I am going to eat well, and relax.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Ran 5.5 miles on a beautiful San Francisco fall morning. I’ve been itching to move out of town for a while now, but then I go for a run that winds up at this view:

F9658CB8-4DEC-42E4-A668-9DF9C7F3FDFF.jpeg

My knee wasn’t too happy about the down climb unfortunately. Not as bad as I used to get but I definitely need to be careful about over doing it.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nashville has a little spot where you can see downtown from the trails. Amazes me such a thing exists so close to a city.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nashville has a little spot where you can see downtown from the trails. Amazes me such a thing exists so close to a city.
Same in Atlanta! I can't believe at times I can have a yard and a house within walking distance of Downtown.

First run since Weds due to travel and having a cold that I am 90% over. Simple, easy, 3.5 miles in 30 minutes with no stopping.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.5 trail miles with the dogs. The weather was absolutely perfect for me (64 with a light breeze), and this my fastest training run since probably April, at an 8:21/mile pace.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5.5 miles in 52 minutes had to stop for a few minutes for my dog to sniff and then in felt really nauseous around mile 3 and walked for a minute or two

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Track intervals last night. I made sure to take it properly easy to minimise any chance of injury, so I ran with the sub-4:30 min/km group not my usual sub-4:00 group. 1200 / 800 // 1200 / 600 // 1200 / 400, at an average pace of 4:17 min/km, which is almost exactly 30 seconds / km slower than normal, and I felt relaxed and was hardly sweating.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some day i will be @FlyingMonkey

Today was avout 3.15 miles at 29 minutes

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 damp trail miles with the dogs. It started sprinkling lightly around the time I started and the ground was nearly saturated when I finished. It’s about to start snowing now...

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I am new to running, I am also new to running soreness. I ran on the treadmill (ew, gross) yesterday for a shorter and slower distance than usual and now the muscles on the outside of my tibia (lateral side) are sore.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's raining today, so I haven't been out, but I don't think I really need to, with the race on Sunday. It looks like it's going to be raining overnight beforehand and then cloudy and around 15ºC during the race itself. That suits me just fine.

I have no idea how this is going to go. Can you feel both relaxed and scared? Confident and nervous? Well, I am all of these. I know I've done what I can, and that my training program has gone well, despite being a little too short to be ideal.

In the race itself, I am determined to keep to my pace, aiming for a 3:45:00 finish, and not go too fast even if I feel I can go faster. If I still feel good towards the end (say, last 10km), then I will speed up a bit - I mean, I'd be delighted with 3:30:00, but the main idea is to finish. I don't mind if I end up on 4:00:00. I just want to know that I can do this.

If I can, then next year, once I've had a full year of proper training and I'm down to a better weight, I will go harder.

See you all on Sunday evening...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ran 3.1 on mixed terrain (damp muddy trails and sidewalks/paved paths) with the dogs. The temps were in the upper 20s, with snow flurries falling, and I was overheating. Good times... I also climbed for 90 minutes at the gym at lunchtime, getting my first V6 in a few months in the process.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40