• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Ran 5.5 miles on a beautiful San Francisco fall morning. I’ve been itching to move out of town for a while now, but then I go for a run that winds up at this view:

F9658CB8-4DEC-42E4-A668-9DF9C7F3FDFF.jpeg

My knee wasn’t too happy about the down climb unfortunately. Not as bad as I used to get but I definitely need to be careful about over doing it.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nashville has a little spot where you can see downtown from the trails. Amazes me such a thing exists so close to a city.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nashville has a little spot where you can see downtown from the trails. Amazes me such a thing exists so close to a city.
Same in Atlanta! I can't believe at times I can have a yard and a house within walking distance of Downtown.

First run since Weds due to travel and having a cold that I am 90% over. Simple, easy, 3.5 miles in 30 minutes with no stopping.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.5 trail miles with the dogs. The weather was absolutely perfect for me (64 with a light breeze), and this my fastest training run since probably April, at an 8:21/mile pace.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5.5 miles in 52 minutes had to stop for a few minutes for my dog to sniff and then in felt really nauseous around mile 3 and walked for a minute or two

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Track intervals last night. I made sure to take it properly easy to minimise any chance of injury, so I ran with the sub-4:30 min/km group not my usual sub-4:00 group. 1200 / 800 // 1200 / 600 // 1200 / 400, at an average pace of 4:17 min/km, which is almost exactly 30 seconds / km slower than normal, and I felt relaxed and was hardly sweating.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 damp trail miles with the dogs. It started sprinkling lightly around the time I started and the ground was nearly saturated when I finished. It’s about to start snowing now...

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I am new to running, I am also new to running soreness. I ran on the treadmill (ew, gross) yesterday for a shorter and slower distance than usual and now the muscles on the outside of my tibia (lateral side) are sore.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's raining today, so I haven't been out, but I don't think I really need to, with the race on Sunday. It looks like it's going to be raining overnight beforehand and then cloudy and around 15ºC during the race itself. That suits me just fine.

I have no idea how this is going to go. Can you feel both relaxed and scared? Confident and nervous? Well, I am all of these. I know I've done what I can, and that my training program has gone well, despite being a little too short to be ideal.

In the race itself, I am determined to keep to my pace, aiming for a 3:45:00 finish, and not go too fast even if I feel I can go faster. If I still feel good towards the end (say, last 10km), then I will speed up a bit - I mean, I'd be delighted with 3:30:00, but the main idea is to finish. I don't mind if I end up on 4:00:00. I just want to know that I can do this.

If I can, then next year, once I've had a full year of proper training and I'm down to a better weight, I will go harder.

See you all on Sunday evening...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran 3.1 on mixed terrain (damp muddy trails and sidewalks/paved paths) with the dogs. The temps were in the upper 20s, with snow flurries falling, and I was overheating. Good times... I also climbed for 90 minutes at the gym at lunchtime, getting my first V6 in a few months in the process.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 miles yesterday around the neighborhood. I've somehow dropped down to 177lbs which is somewhat worrisome. I feel great around 180 but any lower than that and I feel off. Maybe it is just a mind thing but I need to eat more. I may opt for a few sessions with a trainer at the gym to get back into the swing of things there. Proper warmup then some sort of weights.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads