• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

The Swedish Chef

Reaction score
Managed a quick 20KM of singletrack last night. Unexpectedly nice weather forced me out the door after work.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got started again with a few sporadic 4 mile jaunts over the past two weeks, then commuted 11 miles throughout one day.

My knee was a ***** the day after... we'll see if sticking it out will help that out.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16 mile ride though Rock Creek Park in DC. First time today, so I'll do a longer next time since I know the terrain a little better.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I target a 16 average pace on a 24 mile loop w some moderate hills. Old guy here, not a great speed but makes for a decent 90 minute workout.

Ozarks

Reaction score
35 commuting miles today.

My average speeds are right around 20mph for 50+ miles, and about 22mph when it's less.

The Swedish Chef

Reaction score
20 KM of flowing singletrack on Saturday - 1 hour
40 KM of rocky technical nasty singletrack on Sunday - 4 hours

mondayc

Reaction score
16 miles of college commuting, 5 back and forth to a store. I might go for a quick 18 mile night ride if the storms hold back.
BTW: I normally average 19-21mph on my road bike, but averages depends on wind conditions, terrain, bike setup, etc.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did 40 km for my commute today. Nasty, windy weather, so very slow going in, even for me. I managed to negative split the ride home (the uphill part) so that was good.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a touch over 10 miles yesterday. Coming out a funk, I haven't worked out in three weeks. I'm going to the gym a little bit later and I hope to hit at least 12.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
17 miles, averaged 21 mph. Not a whole lot of wind.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
22 miles. Good bit of wind so only averaged about 16mph
frown.gif

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about the slope of the terrain ridden? North Georgia has a lot of challenging rolling hills...

Rode 5.5 miles today commuting. Lungs are getting better (slower to get winded, but still slow coming back down). There's a moderate yet long hill halfway there that absolutely destroys my legs and leaves me worthless the rest of the trip.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads