• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Can't wait to get to the track this Saturday; wish I was a 58:

fuji-track-pro-2010-single-speed-road-bike.jpg

Newstyle

Reaction score
I rode 70 miles on Saturday with 5300ft of climbing. Practice ride for a 103 mile 8300ft of climbing ride I have in October with Levi Leipheimer.

borderline

Reaction score
My first 100 mile ride/race today. I refuse to call it a century. It involved 2000' of elevation gain over two passes. The first pass was 600' into a 25 mph wind. Brutal. I had to pedal going downhill into the wind. Fun though overall.

zatarregaza

Reaction score
I'll work my way up to 70 and 100 rides someday. For now I'm stuck on 38 mile rides like the one I did yesterday.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16 miles...half of it against the gusty wind that nearly blew me off the bike. Made me wish I had some "granny gears"

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
160 miles with ~3,500ft of elevation over a day and a morning this weekend (in the cold and wet of Northern Scotland)

First proper ride for over a decade, and didn't feel too bad afterwards (apart from the shoulder I landed on when I crashed as my rear tire burst at 30mph

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a really lovely (if chilly) ride in this morning. The usual 6 or so miles. Took a photo of the sun rising over the capitol building. Trying to figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer...

b

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5079119653_f15cd673c3_z.jpg
Here's my fitness ride that I do for cross training with running. I did it today. I love this quick 12.5mile route from east Williamsburg to downtown brooklyn over the manhattan bridge through soho/chinatown back over the Williamsburg bridge loop. Take note: it does transverse the "great hipster silk route" twice. But its mostly commuters on the time I ride it (either early morning or after 5pm). You can get fast on the bridges and in downtown brooklyn/williamsburg, but you also have to deal with chinatown and traffic lights.

Newstyle

Reaction score
Did 103 miles on Saturday with Levi Leipheimer! It was sick

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
Did 103 miles on Saturday with Levi Leipheimer! It was sick

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Once I was into long-distance riding. Now it's a quick 20 in an hour
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads