1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you RIDE today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Pilot, Aug 21, 2009.

1. caps

caps Member

42k in the snow yesterday. Got pretty cold towards the end, but the Anacostia in the snow and twilight is quite beautiful.

2. Redline9k

Redline9k Well-Known Member

2hr on the rollers...cant...wait....for...spring.

3. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Senior member

Got in 33 miles yesterday on a cool 40F day. I need to get some toe warmers. I might've lasted longer if my toes weren't frozen by about mile 20.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

2hr on the rollers...cant...wait....for...spring.

i rolled for one half of the chelsea arsenal game.

5. caps

caps Member

42km. 50 degrees today, practically summer.

6. zcaad9

zcaad9 Member

25 miles, about 28/30 degrees. definitely not summer

7. Althis

Althis Senior member

46 miles, average pace ~21 mph, ~3500 feet of gain

for those familiar with the san diego area, after 40 miles i still made it up Torrey Pines in under 7 minutes

8. roundabout

roundabout Active Member

Yesterday: Gross, wet criterium with tons of fog: 18mi, ~23mph. Got caught behind an accordion on the last turn with 400m to go, cruised in with the front 20...

Today: Climbing repeats for an hour and a half, some big ring climbing as well. 20mi, 2000ft gained.

9. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

Just got a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine and did an hour yesterday. Still trying to break in my new Adamo saddle, but I already notice a difference compared to my old Arione.

10. roundabout

roundabout Active Member

Just got a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine and did an hour yesterday. Still trying to break in my new Adamo saddle, but I already notice a difference compared to my old Arione.

How do you like the road machine? I'm in need of the trainer and am trying to decide between kurt/cycleops. For what it's worth, I'm loving my new Specialized Toupe.

Race ride in an hour, but I think I'm gonna stay home, since my allergies are acting up and there are 45mph+ gusts currently.

11. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

How do you like the road machine? I'm in need of the trainer and am trying to decide between kurt/cycleops. For what it's worth, I'm loving my new Specialized Toupe.

Race ride in an hour, but I think I'm gonna stay home, since my allergies are acting up and there are 45mph+ gusts currently.

I love it. I heard nothing but good things about the Road Machine and Rock and Roll, which is why I went with Kurt Kinetic. It's a very smooth ride, quiet (for a trainer) and folds down to a decently small profile if you have to store between sessions. One thing that's for sure (and I'm sure it's the same with all trainers) is that you'll need a trainer-only tire because it'll get worn down a lot quicker than riding outside.

You also have the option of getting the "Pro" versions of both which is just an extra 12lb flywheel which is supposed to make the ride even smoother and better synthesize riding outdoors. I didn't get the Kurt Kinetic computer (w/power guage) so I don't know how many watts I'm pushing, but I find the flywheel that comes with the Road Machine is pretty good for where I'm at.

I bought mine from Bicycle Outfitters Indy. I did a bunch of shopping around and they were always the cheapest around and they're an authorized dealer.

12. roundabout

roundabout Active Member

Home race weekend! I'll be racing a TTT and RR saturday, and crit Sunday. Stoked for racing a cat up in the TTT!

13. Althis

Althis Senior member

I have some teammates going up to Davis for the race weekend, sadly, I'm not going. Are you going to the UCLA race?

14. Wisco

Wisco New Member

Wow a cycling thread on SF. I have been watching and learning for a long time. I assumed my first post would be clothing related, but I'll jump in here.

I used to race as a Cat III.... 10 years and 40 lbs ago. Having kids and advancing my career have taken its toll. So I'm finally back at it trying to get back to enjoyable cycling. My racing days are certainly behind me, even as I continue to be a fan.

Oh, 45 minutes on the trainer this morning as I wait for Spring. Maybe 12 miles

15. Althis

Althis Senior member

60 miles, about 6500 climbing

16. zatarregaza

FINALLY a decent weekend to get some riding in.

39.2 miles - definitely need some new tires (no flat but wear is showing all of a sudden)

17. zatarregaza

52.3 miles yesterday under dreary skies

18. roundabout

roundabout Active Member

Got my C's upgrade, Cat 4 upgrade is currently pending, though I don't see why it wouldn't be approved. Anyway, fingers crossed!

19. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

filmed my ride this morning...not sure how many miles [​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

20. Althis

Althis Senior member

Got my C's upgrade, Cat 4 upgrade is currently pending, though I don't see why it wouldn't be approved. Anyway, fingers crossed!

I'm probably upgrading to C's after the Santa Cruz weekend, not sure when ill do 4's. I could technically go to C's now though