1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many meters did you row/erg today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by wmmk, Dec 22, 2009.

1. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

yesterday - moderate rowing for pe class on a concept2
    15 minute piece
    2:06 500m split avg
    3555 m (i think)

i've also started running again, i'm training for a 5k so my times will be going way down

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Thanks, it was the first time I've tried to pull anything 100% over 500m in a while. I can't back out of it when someone plans my workouts for me...

Thats pretty quick for sure. Please don't tell me you have a PT, please tell me you compete for something ... or something.

3. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Thats pretty quick for sure. Please don't tell me you have a PT, please tell me you compete for something ... or something.

I rowed competitively ~4 years ago, but currently just work out on my own and get my programming from a friend (crossfit affiliate).

4. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

2K @ 8:05. I'm a n00b, but that barely made me sweat. I bet I could do much better.

5. why

why Senior member

2K @ 8:05. I'm a n00b, but that barely made me sweat. I bet I could do much better.

I never sweat until the second or third set. I guess it's the same with running -- I don't sweat until mile 3 or so.

6. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

I never sweat until the second or third set. I guess it's the same with running -- I don't sweat until mile 3 or so.

Tomorrow I will go 100% for 2K and see what happens.

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

No erg today, but it was my first day of winter workouts for crew.

87 sec. lying leg raise (ass off the ground, feet 2" above the floor) with 5 lbs. strapped on
    47 sec. holding pullup at 90 degrees
    120m suicide run (10-20-30) in 15.3 sec.
    31 pushups in 60 sec.
    80 bench pulls w/ 45 lbs. in 90 sec.
    3.4 mi. in 10 min. on the recumbent bike
    80m agility course (30 m hurdles--jumping w/ both feet, 10m ladder, 15m backwards lunges, 15m "inchworm", 30 single leg box jumps @ ~3') in 1:35
    Stairs: 3 times up, 2 times down, 5 flights (about 30 steps each) w/ 16 lb. medicine ball in 3:08

Erg workouts tomorrow, saturday.

8. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

~1 mile run
    Warmup ~1K
    7x(1 min hard rowing, 1 minute easy paddle) @ 1:47 split
    5 mins rest.
    7x(1 min hard rowing, 1 minute easy paddle) @ 1:48 split
    5 mins rest.
    7x(1 min hard rowing, 1 minute easy paddle) @ 1:48 split

9. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

8 min. bike warmup
    ~1K erg warmup

10 mins @ 1:56
    10 mins rest/easy paddle
    9 mins @ 2:00
    9 mins rest/easy paddle
    8 mins @ 1:58
    8 mins rest/easy paddle
    7 mins @ 1:59
    7 mins rest/easy paddle

10 mins stretching
    10 mins core circuit

Done.

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

But did you ever go all out? I would think most people start to sweat pretty soon when they are at or near maximum heart rate. Perhaps, I'm just sweaty.

11. why

why Senior member

But did you ever go all out? I would think most people start to sweat pretty soon when they are at or near maximum heart rate. Perhaps, I'm just sweaty.

I'll sweat when I get off the erg, but not so much while I'm on it. I guess it takes a few minutes for my body to heat up enough and then even more time for the water to actually get to the surface of my skin.

12. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

You might as well just say it. I'm sweaty, right?[​IMG]

13. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

~1k warmup @ ~1:55 split
    5min @ 1:47 split
    4min @ 1:48
    3min @ 1:51
    2min @ 1:46
    1min @ 1:43

15 mins. elliptical

20 mins. core/conditioning circuit for max reps, all lifts at rowing pace: Squat 45lbs., Boxer situps, Wallsits, "Alphabet" (lay on ground, draw abc's with feet), Bent row 45lbs., Burpees, Deadlift 95 lbs., Russians, Line jumps, Kettlebell swings 25lbs., Lunges 45 lbs., Climber, Pushups, Sculler

14. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

wmmk, do you have to do wall sits at your club? during my novice year when we were constantly doing stupid things we would always be stuck doing them...

15. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Yep. Every time someone talks during conditioning circuits, we get 30 secs. of wall sits. More time if the chatter is about blowjobs or pot, which a lot of the freshmen have just discovered and are really enthralled by. So we do a lot of wall sits.

16. why

why Senior member

I want to row but my finger is heaing nicely and I don't wanna mess with it. [​IMG]

And today the roads are covered in ice so I can't run far outside. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. why

why Senior member

I ran outside anyway. The newly-frozen slush melted as soon as the sun came up. [​IMG]

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I actually did my very first erg yesterday. 1K in about 3:45. Looking forward to doing this a lot more in the future. Where has this been all my life?

19. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Anyone know where to get a discount on a C2 D or E? I've been scouring craigslist, but here in the bay they go for ridiculous amounts.

20. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Anyone know where to get a discount on a C2 D or E? I've been scouring craigslist, but here in the bay they go for ridiculous amounts.

The resale value on them is pretty darn strong.

Usually clubs and teams sell theirs after a year or two. I'd check into that.