Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many meters did you row/erg today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by wmmk, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Nice work why. They really suck after getting comfortable with 2ks... another 500 is miserable. What is your spm for 2k pieces?

I might pull a 2k as part of my workout today.

2. why

why Senior member

Nice work why. They really suck after getting comfortable with 2ks... another 500 is miserable. What is your spm for 2k pieces?

37-40spm for most training.

3. why

why Senior member

Yesterday and today are a bit of rest. Trying to keep my times under 7:25 before eventually making the move to 7:20 and under.

Yesterday:
    Run 5K
    Row 2K @ 7:24
    Row 2K @ 7:23

Today:
    Row 2K @ 7:25
    Row 2K @ 7:21
    Run 5K

4. why

why Senior member

New Year's Eve:
    Row 2K @ 7:25
    Run 10K

Yesterday:
    Then some nerd got on the erg right after me, set the level to 10 and started yanking on it at half the rate he should've. I got tired of waiting and left.

Today (broke the 7:25 barrier for my benchmark [4x2K])
    Row 2K @ 7:18

5. why

why Senior member

Resty day:

Run 5K
    Row 2K @ 7:15

6. Chaos P. Bennu

Chaos P. Bennu Senior member

7. w.mj

w.mj Senior member

Did my customary 3k after three weeks off. During the last 500m, thought I would puke. With most of my exercises, doesn't matter if I take time off, but not with rowing.

8. why

why Senior member

Yesterday:

Row 5K @ 7:15
    Row 5K @ 7:13
    Run 5K

9. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Planning on doing an all out 2k any time soon?

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Yesterday:

Row 5K @ 7:15
    Row 5K @ 7:13
    Run 5K

Dang![​IMG]

11. why

why Senior member

Dang![​IMG]

Oops, those should be 2Ks. [​IMG]

Planning on doing an all out 2k any time soon?

Maybe in the next week or so. It's very mental and I need to be in the right mindset to keep my pace fast from the start. I do it based on feel, which is pretty imprecise physiologically but is exact mentally (where it matters a lot for me at the moment).

12. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

Maybe in the next week or so. It's very mental and I need to be in the right mindset to keep my pace fast from the start. I do it based on feel, which is pretty imprecise physiologically but is exact mentally (where it matters a lot for me at the moment).
    Which is why I never row my hardest beyond 500m, the mental and physical stress is just too much. I don't understand how so many people can push themselves to the brink of blacking out on the erg... what's motivating them? Don't get me wrong, I have trouble getting my feet out of the harnesses after my workout I'm so tired, but I don't go to the max like many people I've seen.

13. why

why Senior member

Which is why I never row my hardest beyond 500m, the mental and physical stress is just too much. I don't understand how so many people can push themselves to the brink of blacking out on the erg... what's motivating them?
    As long as I don't do it all the time I don't mind it. The accomplishment itself is my primary motivator; I'm not looking to buy myself a trophy or anything, but I like to get confirmation of my training's efficacy. It makes the other days seem easy by comparison as well. Anyway, today: Row 5K @ 19:05 Run 5K I need the weather to turn around so I can run outside again without feeling like I'm on an obstacle course. The cold doesn't bother me, but the ice is too much of a hazard to risk running distance outside.

14. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

That's why its great when a coach says "Its 2k time!" at 5am during winter training, it doesn't loom over you all day. Funny how some of my best 2k times were when I felt like shit... Good luck when you give it a shot.

15. why

why Senior member

That's why its great when a coach says "Its 2k time!" at 5am during winter training, it doesn't loom over you all day. Funny how some of my best 2k times were when I felt like shit...

Good luck when you give it a shot.

Yeah, all my personal records in lifting were after drinking a lot the night before.