• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many Levis/Engineered Garment's 1947 501's are in existence?

shoot2thrill

Reaction score
I had heard about this jean and seen it in GQ, but hadnt planned on buying one till it landed in the Levis store i manage. now that i have it, i was wondering how rare theyll be? any idea?

shoot2thrill

Reaction score
yea, i almost missed my chance too, cause they were all sold out online by the time i decided to spend the money. then some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself. i was gunna try not to wear them and maybe re-sell them after all the others sold out, but they were just too juicy to let sit. NONETHLESS, yes, the model you noticed online is the model im referring to. ive scoured the internet for hours and cant figure out how many could exist. oh well, the answer will come soon, im sure =/

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill
some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself.

There are a few members here who prefer their LVC's to the levis/EG ones. From what I saw, there didn't appear to be anything special about the materials/construction of the latter, just black stitching and tacky branding on the inside of the cuff.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, i almost missed my chance too, cause they were all sold out online by the time i decided to spend the money. then some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself. i was gunna try not to wear them and maybe re-sell them after all the others sold out, but they were just too juicy to let sit. NONETHLESS, yes, the model you noticed online is the model im referring to. ive scoured the internet for hours and cant figure out how many could exist. oh well, the answer will come soon, im sure =/

So, you manage a Levi's store, and knowingly let a customer exchange his jeans for a lesser model, so you could buy them for yourself?

sayocean

Reaction score
used to work for/at levis and to be honest levi's upper management hires a lot of people into the MGMT levels that makes you wonder.. now im not attacking the dude's character but this didn't surprise me one bit. And also, couldn't you just use the levi's db/system to do a stock check instead of asking here? Just my two cents, no hate

shoot2thrill

Reaction score
oh no i totally agree. ive got mad love for LVC myself...probably more so than all levi's other premium brands. Ive got some LVC orange tab 517's that are currently my fav every-day jean. the levis/EG model was just a really neat collab piece that crossed my path that i had to have.

shoot2thrill

Reaction score
i wasnt in the store when the exchange was made. i probably would have shared a little about the jean's history with him and tried to figure out why he was making the trade. idk tho... maybe he was just a connoisseur trying to complete a collection or something. nonetheless, the jean isnt even worth that much right now 'cause levis is slashing prices left and right. the levis/eg 501 is currently $114 retail. he traded for a (gorgeous)LVC 1947 501, which is retailing at just 79bux. when i began getting into denim (and im still VERY young in this), that was my fav jean. it's kinda sad to see the price skirt so low =/

shoot2thrill

Reaction score
haha yea, so i did get a good laugh off your advice. ill check up on that myself then, i guess.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score

the EGxLVC are worse in every way than every other pair of genuine LVC jeans. 'too juicy to let sit', what a great marketing scam, this collab really paid off I see.
but I guess this is how the human mind works; limited and expensive => want.

the denim is flimsy and baked, will not fade well and will break easily. the red band looks terrible.

JOA

Reaction score
^I agree, and I'm a huge fan of the EG line. Denim was too lightweight and I hated the branding. Seems odd in a way seeing as Daiki has no other visible branding on any other piece he's created (to my knowledge)...

kit99bar

Reaction score
If only the online Levi store sold the LVCs.
frown.gif

i wasnt in the store when the exchange was made. i probably would have shared a little about the jean's history with him and tried to figure out why he was making the trade. idk tho... maybe he was just a connoisseur trying to complete a collection or something. nonetheless, the jean isnt even worth that much right now 'cause levis is slashing prices left and right. the levis/eg 501 is currently $114 retail. he traded for a (gorgeous)LVC 1947 501, which is retailing at just 79bux. when i began getting into denim (and im still VERY young in this), that was my fav jean. it's kinda sad to see the price skirt so low =/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads