• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many jeans do you cycle at once?

keal

Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to juggle more than 2 pairs of jeans at a time. I'm so anxious to watch them fade over time that if I add a third pair to my weekly mix, I feel like it's too many and it might take too long to see changes. I'm a rookie when it comes to project jeans, so I would love some insight as to how many pairs one can cycle and still see results in a year's time
smile.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally work on one at a time, and fall back on another pair when the main ones need a couple days to defunk themselves :p

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm cycling more or less 5 pairs. It'll take me a while to see tangible results, but they'll all mature at different times because I wear some more than others. Right now, I'm wearing: 45rpm Sorahiko, Nudie RRDS, Nudie RR Greycast, 1947 LVC, and RRL Slim selvage. I'll add some Sugar Cane or Eternal to my rotation in 5-6 months. BTW, those listed have all been washed once when they were new. They're all between 6-9 months from their first wash, but unfortunately I don't wear jeans exclusively. I wear wool/cords in the winter and linen/khakis in the summer also. So, I'm looking at 6-9 more months before the first wash.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cycle prolly 5-6 pairs as well, currently

7 slimmy
7 relaxed (about 2-3 years old)
PDC GTO 3 year (2-3 years old)
AG Fillmore
ES Hutch

I have a couple other pairs I wear from time to time that are a darker finish for nighttime wear as well.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Three right now, and I find it difficult to wear more than two pair really.

SD-103 (~ 1 month)
Nudie BO (7 months)
ES Hutch

beefcake

Reaction score
I only have one pair I want to wear so it's easy for me.
smile.gif

cmrocks

Reaction score
I usually wear my main pair, whatever that happens to be at the time, about 70% of the time, 20% of the time I'll wear non-denim pants and the other 10% would be a pair of more specialty jeans.

Wade M

Reaction score
Cycling 3
Nudies (3 months)
APC (2 months)
Imperials (2 weeks).

Imperials / APC getting the most wear, usually day for day, with Nudies being a bit more casual,.....I can wear jeans 2 work if I want....I tend to wear formal clothing....usually break into the jeans there 2-3 days a week tho
smile.gif

Taking my total days per week of jean wearing to 4-5.

That means each pair gets 1.666 wears a week.

--Wade_g33k

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have one pair that i wear most of the time that im breaking in, and 2 pair of washed jeans i wear when i want a change, or my other jeans are still wet from skating. the rest just sit and wait for the day that i will love them again.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I'm on three right now, and it's kind of impossible. Two is the most I'd suggest. I tend to designate one pair as my go-to pair, and the other two I just make sure to wear at least one day a week. I can (and do) wear jeans 7 days a week, though, so that helps.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cycle two :

- nudie Ola (since march 2005, two wash)
- lvc 1947 (since june 2005, one wash)

But I wear jeans mostly on the week ends & vacations.

!luc

headtowall

Reaction score
I'm currently wearing two (LVC 1947 and APC NS) and am about to add something Japanese to that when I figure out what I want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads