1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

how many hours sleep do you get a night?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Mr Herbert, Jul 11, 2010.

1. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I usually get 7. I could sleep 9 hours every night if I had the time. I've operated for months on 5-6 and, honestly, it was hard on me. I need me some sleeeeeeep.

2. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

For the last 5 years or so I wake up multipe times through the night, so I really dont get any consistent sleep. I feel like shit most of the time, which is no doubt a symptom. I estimate I sleep maybe 4-5 hours per night in total, although I'm in bed for 8-9 hours. Thinking of trying melatonin.

3. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

^Given your (nick) name I have to wonder; sleep apnea?

4. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

since starting this thread ive made some changes to my diet

i was eating a paleo type diet (no grains, no dairy) and logged my food in fitday for a while. it becaume pretty evident that i was missing out on a few vitamins including vit D (its winter here) and zinc. It seems both are used in sleep regulation.

ive been taking a Zinc/Magnesium/Vit A and a Mutlivitamin daily before bed and have been having great sleep - waking up feeling really good.

i thought my diet was pretty tight (big salads for lunch, fruit, range of meats, big plates of vege) so it was pretty eye opening how deficient i was in some nutrients..