• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many hours sleep do you get a night?

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and how much energy do you have when you wake up?

ive been getting 7 solid hours lately and still waking up feeling terrible. its at its worst when ive done weightlifting the night before. seriously struggling to get out of bed lately and have become a snooze button fiend.

am worried there is something wrong with me.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get 7-8 most nights, and it's still hell getting out of bed. I feel great once I'm up for a bit, but it's a struggle to get out of bed every single morning.

In fact, for me trouble waking up is more influenced by when I'm getting up than it is by how much sleep I get. If I have to wake up to an alarm (as I do every day for work) I have trouble waking up regardless of how much sleep I've gotten, but if I'm allowed to wake up on my own I can get five hours and wake up feeling great. I assume it has something to do with my natural rhythms not matching the 8-5 schedule, but that's pure guessing.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Yeah I'm about 7 too. But I find that if you get a really obnoxious alarm clock it helps to get you up. Like one of those old style ones with the bells on it, I got one at ikea for 6 dollars and I put it accross the room from my bed so when it goes off I have to get out of bed.

Wodin

Reaction score
I shoot for 8 but usually get 7. When I am really sore from the gym stuff I pound the water and hit it early to rest up.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ease of getting out of bed is related to how fun my day is

if its raining and im cycling to work its hard to get up
if im driving to work its a little easier
if its the weekend i struggle to stay in bed

one constant is that im always tired in the morning.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6 hours everyday. most times I'll need a caffeine shot in my system mid-morning.

jhva3

Reaction score
Usually get 6.5 so i rounded up to 7. Would love to get 8, but I can't ever fall asleep early enough.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want at least 7, but lately it's been much less.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
any less than 8 and I feel ill the entire day. sucks to be me I guess.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
any less than 8 and I feel ill the entire day. sucks to be me I guess.

same

olstudios

Reaction score
I usually get my 8 hours but I feel like crap. I need at least 9-10 hours to feel well rested.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8 is adequate. 10 is ideal. <8 but >3 and my mind AND body feels tired, less than 3 and my mind feels sharp and alert (though reflexes obviously slowed) but I can't physically do ****.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually get around 7-8 hours. If I wake up to an alarm clock, I have trouble getting out of bed. On the weekends I usually only get 5-7 but I feel fine when I wake up since I don't use my alarm clock.

coonky

Reaction score
I'd say ~7. Ever since my girlfriend broke up with me, I've been getting a lot more sleep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads