• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many have a wife/GF/BF of different race?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Asians are more racial discriminating than other races. But it's not because of the skin color, it's because of the culture they have been living with for thousands of years.
And i recognize this, I realize it's not necessarily invidious or malicious type racism. But once their daughter has genuinely found love, IMHO I think it's time to put cultural stuff like that on the back burner.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
I have to agree on this. I have seen many non-whites openly discriminate against whites, but boy, the moment they themselves are even remotely discrminated against by whites, watch out!!!

Yeah, it's called payback for centuries of discrimination by white people.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
<backs out of threak>

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

More like perpetuating an evil system of beliefs that the majority of the living white population probably never took part in or supported in the first place.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a racism thing, as much as a marsupialed conservative old people thing.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I'm not sure it's a racism thing, as much as a marsupialed conservative old people thing.
+1
laugh.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Asians are more racial discriminating than other races. But it's not because of the skin color, it's because of the culture they have been living with for thousands of years.

Replace "Asians" with "White Southerners" and "thousands" with "hundreds," and you've got the argument of an apologist for segregation in the 1950s-60s southern U.S.

I try to be pretty pragmatic when it comes to questions of tradition and culture, but there are some truths I believe to be nearly absolute. Bigotry and racism being wrong would qualify as one of those truths, and such behavior is not justified by the fact that it has its roots in a historical legacy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

I like this poster incarnation. Just drops into various threads the injustice of the white man. It's pretty cool how you go about it.

7.5/10 on racial trolling.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Feel bad for you man
Glad my Indian girlfriends parents are accepting and apparently like me, although I never get invited to dinner or anything(maybe when we get married?), it's better than being in your situation.

It's weird because as far as Indian parents are concerned, they're pretty liberal. They let her drink and she goes clubbing and all that. Her dad lived in the states for 10 years and then asked his mum to find him a girl back in india to marry. He's a pretty lively social guy, and it's not unlikely that he got up to a fair bit of mischief while in the states.
Originally Posted by gilwood
I dated two beautiful indian women that went on to be arranged married. Scratch that, make it three. Two from college days, one from a few years ago.

I know several girls like this. They're in a real relationship (can last quite long too), then, bam, the girls broke up with the boys, several months later, the girls got married to allegedly arranged one. And they're all in the US.
eh.gif

That's pretty brutal. I know that there's no way my gf would ever agree to be arranged married. Although at 22 she is getting a bit old not to married or in a serious relationship (that her parents know about anyway). A few of her friends back in Calcutta have already married, and i imagine there's a few more to come in the near future.
Haha, my Indian(ok, Bangladeshi) girl met the guy her parents had 'picked' and told him and them to **** off. We're still together, and now I go over to their house for dinner quite frequently, although I still can't come along to any of their "society" events.

Took a while though, although the ducking behind fences and running out the back door stuff was fun while it lasted....there's something about dating a girl you're not supposed to that adds a little bit of adventure.

Haha, yeah it is quite fun.

yeah i think so. Also the fact that even if they didn't mind, the grapevine of gossipy Indian mums and wives would circulate everything, and in each family there's at least a few insecure males who feel it's their job to protect the dignity of their family by trying to talk to her.

millionaire75

Reaction score
I'm 100% italian and my wife is 50% italian/50% scottish. It gets annoying with all the people staring at us when we go out.

r...

Reaction score
I want them if they want me. Im not concerned with race as much as I dont like it being fetishized, e.g. the way some white women get over black/hispanic men is almost as creepy as the way some white/black guys get over orientals.

Simon Templar

Reaction score

I've had Indians tell me how racist and discriminatory their culture is. Certain people from ethnic groups (eg Sikhs i've spoken to) think they are superior to other groups. But boy when Indians live overseas they are all so quick to jump up and down and yell racism at the slightest thing. But ironically they will not accept outsiders into their circles and even go as far as disowning children that marry "foreigners" etc. How wonderful.

Simon Templar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by r...
I want them if they want me. Im not concerned with race as much as I dont like it being fetishized, e.g. the way some white women get over black/hispanic men is almost as creepy as the way some white/black guys get over orientals.

I don't get this Asian fetish either.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by r...
Yeah, there's certain combination of interracial couples where you think they must've gotten together just for the fetish of it. I know that's not really fair to a lot of them that are in genuine relationships, but there are situations where it's highly unlikely that they would have had anything in common besides it. Not to say I haven't done the same myself.

Originally Posted by Simon Templar
I don't get this Asian fetish either.
eh.gif
Some people have really narrow appreciations for what's beauty. I know guys in the redneck town I was from that wouldn't even take a second look at any girl who wasn't white... some obese slut with dirty blonde hair was their ideal of 'beauty.' Except for a very small class of stunning looking caucasoids, Asian girls by far surpass any other group IMHO, especially in the body department... in fact, I don't think even the hottest caucasoid body could compete with an normal above-average asian ***********.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads