• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many ever forgotten to zip your fly?

creat3cp

Reaction score
Hi eveyone,

Just for sharing experiences, how many of you actually have forgotten to zip your fly after ...

How did it happen and what did you do to prevent it from happening again huh?

laugh.gif

Ed13

Reaction score
When I was still in school I often wore 501 button fly's. Around the house I never bothered to fasten the fly. At times I would forget to button up before leaving and walk around all day with my fly open. It never bothered me. The good thing about being a student is never having to care what anyone thinks of you.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces.
tounge.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.

jmatt

Reaction score
92% of all men will admit to having forgotten to zip their fly at least once in their life. The other 8% will lie about it.
lookaround.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margaret
How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces.
tounge.gif

Well, no. One can feel one's laces being untied, but the feeling of an unzipped zipper is subtle at best, unless the trousers are skin-tight. I've forgotten more than once, including one day when I gave two lectures before discovering it.
teacha.gif
I just look at it this way: perhaps someone got a cheap thrill from it.
laugh.gif

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
There's an old saying that you know you're old when you forget to lower fly.
Occasionally, when I have looked down to wipe the drool off my shirt, I've noticed my fly open.
blush.gif

CoryB

Reaction score
I have one pair of jeans that I always seam to forget to zip my fly. It is a fairly regular occurance, but only with that single pair of jeans.
frown.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, i seem to forget zipping up my fly all the time. best story so far:

i was asked to make a presentation in our Friday sales meeting at work. so i do my thing and i'm up there a good 10-15 minutes in front of a ~30-40 people. then i go back to my desk stopping by a coworkers place first. as i'm walking toward him, he starts laughing and asks why my fly is down.
blush.gif

afterwards, i asked a coworker if he noticed anything and he said no. hopefully that was the truth and he wasn't trying to protect my pride.

-Jeff

Associate

Reaction score
When I started my first serious job and didn't have much money, I had one pair of dress pants where the lousy plastic zipper used to break spontaneuously. To this day I have this involuntary tick of briefly checking to see if everything is tucked in every few minutes. Then one day the crotch seam came undone without me noticing, which made for an interesting subway ride home.

I also had a pair of RL boxer briefs where one front button would just openat various points during the day, and the sensation of the boys roaming free in my pants would always startle me...

Jetta

Reaction score
I have done it a few times, usually when I am dressing nice and am nervous. Normally I will check it a few times before leaving the house, but one time I was going to a job interview and didnt realize my fly was down until I was walking up to the building! Thankfully i had my portfolio with me and was able to cover up until I could discretly zip up. I got the job, so I assume no one noticed
biggrin.gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.
Funny how that works, same with me. Maybe I should get my next suit with button fly...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads