How many ever forgotten to zip your fly?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by creat3cp, Jun 30, 2006.

1. creat3cp

creat3cp Well-Known Member

Hi eveyone,

Just for sharing experiences, how many of you actually have forgotten to zip your fly after ...

How did it happen and what did you do to prevent it from happening again huh?

[​IMG]

2. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

When I was still in school I often wore 501 button fly's. Around the house I never bothered to fasten the fly. At times I would forget to button up before leaving and walk around all day with my fly open. It never bothered me. The good thing about being a student is never having to care what anyone thinks of you.

3. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces. [​IMG]

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.

5. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

92% of all men will admit to having forgotten to zip their fly at least once in their life. The other 8% will lie about it.[​IMG]

6. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

How exactly does one 'forget' to zip one's fly afterwards? You do your business, tuck back it in, and zip up. Would you forget to tuck it in as well?

It seems rather like putting on one's shoes and forgetting to tie the laces. [​IMG]

Well, no. One can feel one's laces being untied, but the feeling of an unzipped zipper is subtle at best, unless the trousers are skin-tight. I've forgotten more than once, including one day when I gave two lectures before discovering it. [​IMG] I just look at it this way: perhaps someone got a cheap thrill from it.[​IMG]

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

There's an old saying that you know you're old when you forget to lower fly.

8. Roger

Roger Senior member

There's an old saying that you know you're old when you forget to lower fly.
    Occasionally, when I have looked down to wipe the drool off my shirt, I've noticed my fly open. [​IMG]

9. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

I have one pair of jeans that I always seam to forget to zip my fly. It is a fairly regular occurance, but only with that single pair of jeans. [​IMG]

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

I have this weird habit of always glancing down when exiting a restroom to make sure that my fly is zipped, and that my dick isn't hanging out of my pants.

11. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

unfortunately, i seem to forget zipping up my fly all the time. best story so far:

i was asked to make a presentation in our Friday sales meeting at work. so i do my thing and i'm up there a good 10-15 minutes in front of a ~30-40 people. then i go back to my desk stopping by a coworkers place first. as i'm walking toward him, he starts laughing and asks why my fly is down. [​IMG]

afterwards, i asked a coworker if he noticed anything and he said no. hopefully that was the truth and he wasn't trying to protect my pride.

-Jeff

12. Associate

Associate Senior member

When I started my first serious job and didn't have much money, I had one pair of dress pants where the lousy plastic zipper used to break spontaneuously. To this day I have this involuntary tick of briefly checking to see if everything is tucked in every few minutes. Then one day the crotch seam came undone without me noticing, which made for an interesting subway ride home.

I also had a pair of RL boxer briefs where one front button would just openat various points during the day, and the sensation of the boys roaming free in my pants would always startle me...

13. Jetta

Jetta Well-Known Member

I have done it a few times, usually when I am dressing nice and am nervous. Normally I will check it a few times before leaving the house, but one time I was going to a job interview and didnt realize my fly was down until I was walking up to the building! Thankfully i had my portfolio with me and was able to cover up until I could discretly zip up. I got the job, so I assume no one noticed [​IMG]

14. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I sometimes forget to zip up, but with button fly I never forget. Nearly all my pants are now button fly.
    Funny how that works, same with me. Maybe I should get my next suit with button fly...

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

"He took it out."