1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many brown shades are there in EG shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, Dec 27, 2004.

1. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Brown shoes.....I never thought there will be the day when I am thinking of getting a pair. But they look absolutely gorgeous in the scans I have seen.

I am thinking of getting a pair of brown EG by mail order when they go on sale. Would you guys be kind enough to show me the different shades of brown that are available with their correponding names?

I hear that EG antiquing is legendary. My initial thought is to get a pair in dark brown to match navy and charcoal pants. Would the antiquing show in dark brown EG shoes?

2. Phil

Phil Senior member

Unfortunately I dont have any scans to show you, although I am sure some of the other members will provide them. However, the range of brown colors in EG, off the top of my head are:

Acorn Antique - a light tan, very light
    Edwardian Antique - mid tan, with hints of red
    Chestnut Antique- a bit darker still, with even more red
    Burnt Pine- a mid tan, but no red in it
    Dark Oak Antique- Dark brown

Yes, you can still see the antiquing on the darker browns, although obviously it wont show as much as it would on a pair of lighter colored shoes.

I am sure there are other browns, I just cant think of them right now. You really cant go wrong with any. I have at least one EG in each of the above shades, and I just love them. Not only is the antiquing first rate, but they really do get better looking with age.

3. Phil

Phil Senior member

Bauxite - I knew I forgot one. Never seen it in person, but in the catalog looks very similar to chestnut antique.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

5. gracian

gracian Senior member

Where can you get them by mail order and on sale? That would be nice.

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

You can email Edward Green from their website; ask them what they have available in your size (that's on sale); and they should reply to you in a day or so. Simple as that.