• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many blazers should I own?

tightandbright

Reaction score
I only have two blazers... black and navy (they're really similar in color, the dark navy one has silver buttons and the black one is... all black), I was wondering how many blazers a guy should have in his wardrobe. (I'm 18 if that helps at all)

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As many as you need. Do you wear one every day? If so, you need several. Once a week? Two is plenty.

tightandbright

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
As many as you need. Do you wear one every day? If so, you need several. Once a week? Two is plenty.

Heh... I only wear it when I go out to meet friends. I don't want to wear two blazers everytime I go out though. What colors should I get next? Grey? I don't think I can pull off any other colors.
I go out like... maybe once a week hahaha... yeah I don't really have a life atm, just working a lot.
Anyways, I don't always wear a blazer when I go out either. I'm the type who likes to alternate outfits, like... I never wear the same thing more than once/twice a week (excluding jeans).

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some options:
1)Grey herringbone
2)Camel-hair
3)Tweed (brown, grey)
4)Corduroy (brown, blue)
5)Something for warm weather, like seersucker or linen.

Made in California

Reaction score

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can't "pull off" any other colours than black and navy, you'd best just quit while you're ahead.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Some options:
1)Grey herringbone
2)Camel-hair
3)Tweed (brown, grey)
4)Corduroy (brown, blue)
5)Something for warm weather, like seersucker or linen.

+1. Although navy blue is versatile or grey or brown, I am in the same position as you and looking at more sportcoats with patterns, herringbone, etc. Might want to keep in mind you could use a light coloured one summer.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
+1. Although navy blue is versatile or grey or brown, I am in the same position as you and looking at more sportcoats with patterns, herringbone, etc. Might want to keep in mind you could use a light coloured one summer.

Let's try not to derail the thread; OP is asking about the quantity of jackets he should have, not for styles or colors. It seems he would be much better assisted with a number range (30-50) or an easy-to-follow equation ([[days of the week you wear a blazer]+6]*9=N, where N equals the number of jackets he should have). Once he knows the quantity he needs, I'm sure he can figure the rest out on his own.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tightandbright
What colors should I get next?

Originally Posted by Made in California
Let's try not to derail the thread; OP is asking about the quantity of jackets he should have, not for styles or colors.

Compare and contrast.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S many as you need. There is no special rule.

If you are a security guard you will need one for every day of the week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads