• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many beers can you drink?

TRA8324

Reaction score
Back in my college days I would split a 30 pack with a friend just about every time we drank...we would usually drink some liquor on top of that as well.

Now I have a hard time drinking more than 7 or 8 beers in a night. I just get too full. I much prefer wine or bourbon these days.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billsayers
Well said.

Back when I was younger, I could drink 10-12 beers. Nowadays, I get full after 7 beers.

me too. Unless I haven't eaten much all day, or run/workout a ****-ton, I get full long before I get drunk.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
as many as it takes to make Neos mom hot.

which is about 26.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I just drink 2 beers and take a break I just want to sleep.

More than 3 in a short period of time and I get bloatd as ****.

tsacain

Reaction score
Beer fills me up. But last friday I had 20 budweisers at my buddys house and several mixed drinks at the bar ( pineapple and vodka). I was wasted.

Liquor and wine I like much more. I can drink a fifth (750ml) in a night if it is vodka 80 proof whiskey too but, Whiskey sometime gets old with the taste to me. 100+ proof whiskey is what always gets me.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A power hour usually gets me full pretty fast..

Last night I was 20 cherry bombs in and started playing beer pong before I blacked out, so I guess for overall drinks it's 20 before I black out?

Grenadier

Reaction score
Well it depends entirely on the alcohol content. I usually go for Belgian ales in the 8-12% range and will usually do 5-6 12oz glasses in an evening and be sober. Double that to get me moderately drunk and triple to get wasted.

I'm not sure what that works out to in Budweiser cans; 100 or so?
biggrin.gif

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ITT: people inflating the amount of booze they can drink.

Drinking an entire fifth of 40% Vodka?

LOL.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Drinking an entire fifth of 40% Vodka? LOL.
I didn't see anyone claiming this, but it is possible, I know several people who used to see that much vodka, or similar strength spirit, away semi-regularly (if a fifth is 750ml). One guy I know used to be able to down a full bottle of vodka straight, and hold it down. It takes training and dedication to drink that much, now I couldn't come close - I am pretty much a lightweight, but in my drinking prime I came fairly close a few times. The consequences were not excellent though. I am sure some of the more dedicated drinkers on here could drink that in a long session.

jaitaras

Reaction score
Well I could probably drink all of them; I'd imagine.

tsacain

Reaction score
ITT: people inflating the amount of booze they can drink.

Drinking an entire fifth of 40% Vodka?

LOL.

Nothing exaggerated. I party a lot and go hard. I will not lie and say I am just tipsy or something. No at that point is when the blackout happens.

I can not do the same with whiskey though. Vodka for some reason I can stomach A LOT of it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I used to be able to drink more but now i just get really full quickly and have to poop

****. Given strength of beer i've had like 4-5 drinks tonight and i just want to poop and go to bed
frown.gif

maybe i can train myself again? i dunno. i pretty much have to stick to scotch and drink it relatively quickly or make myself strong cocktails/mixed drinks.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ITT: people inflating the amount of booze they can drink. Drinking an entire fifth of 40% Vodka? LOL.
I had a roommate years ago who could finish off two fifths in the course of 24hrs. For real. He finally went AA after years of doing that. I can drink 1 Corona, get a mild buzz that lasts an hour and that's all I desire. Few things are worse than a bad hangover.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't been at a point in my life where I've considered the answer to this question in many years now.

Tonight I ordered a pizza and drank half a beer and poured the other half out. It was good. Exactly what I need with the pizza, but 1/2 was just the right amount.

I can easily go through a bottle of wine or 4 double martinis over the course of the evening and still have my wits about me.

I'm a lightweight. I also don't drink a lot of beer.

thecentennial

Reaction score
Depends on whether I mix or not and over what period of time.

Straight beer/lager - 12-15 pints over 6 hours and I'm nicely sozzled, just managing to get home (but not remembering how).

If I throw in a few shots early doors, 7-8 pints and I'm sh*tfaced.

Still go for a curry and/or a doner though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads