• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many and what type/color t-shirts do you own?

Jay687

Reaction score
This is of the same vein as my own/wear jeans thread. Just curious to see how it is with another staple of a lot of wardrobes: t-shirts.

I just recently bought a bunch from BR because they fit so well. Now realizing I mighta gone overboard, but who knows, t-shirts are nice to wear in casual setting in the summer and what not.

So what do you think of t-shirts? And more importantly...

How many do you own? What colors?

I have coming now a bunch of BR t-shirts and when I get 'em I'll have:

Black - 2
White - 2
Dark Grey
Cream
Brown
Red
Dark Blue

Also have a light blue, dark red, purple, and rust t-shirts that are getting kinda old and tattered and was the original reason I went to buy more t-shirts. Does anyone else use old t-shirts for working out and/or sleeping in?

pantheist

Reaction score
i think i own all but 5 of the AA 2001 colors. however many that is. plus some band shirts printed on AA.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea AA is where it's at. I love their v-necks. I also like layering one of their v-necks with one of their deep v's. It's a great look. I also like the Polo tees.

ww90

Reaction score
yeah i hear ya, those br fitted tees are great.

Serg

Reaction score
I own all bu a few of the aa 2001 oclors and a few random shirts

andrew.cmyk

Reaction score
A 2001 in all the darker colors - black, asphalt, navy, brown, army.
I recently got some crew-neck tees from Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Gap for mega-cheap, but they don't fit as well as the American Apparel. I've gotten some compliments with the BR though.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
My usual uniform of white tee + sportscoat requires a lot of white tees so I have a bunch of crew and v-necks, notably from Uniqlo and our own Michael J Krell (bamboo mix short v-necks).

I have some Uniqlo black crew and v-necks to be worn under black clothing.

I also own 2 Rick Owens double-layer black longsleeves and a Spruce black thermal l-s when I feel like being more covered.

I have a bunch of graphic tees that I don't wear anymore and 2-3 grey tees mostly used when I wear one of my grew sweaters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads