Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How low will they go?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

I'm hoping to pick up a pair of ff linen trousers for the summer. Polo.com has a pair of the monroe model in the Purple Label line, normally retail for close to $300. Last week they were on sale for $180 approx. Now they are down to $131. Should I wait them out or totally blow off Polo.com, assuming a few pair will turn up on ebay in a month or two for even less?

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

$131 is a fair price considering that you have the security of purchasing directly from Polo. If there are any problems you can take it to a Polo store and let them deal with it==you can't do that buying from eBay.

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I don't know the frequency with which your item in your size turns up, but ebay is usually fiendishly patchy when you are looking for a particular thing.

4. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

Whenever I wait for the price to fall on polo.com, they sell out of my size. Or in the case of nonseasonal items, the price goes back up. Only wait for a further discount on items that you won't be upset to miss.