How long should I expect to wait for a Jantzen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by prozach1576, Mar 23, 2007.

1. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I think I'll place an order with MySuitShop in the meantime. Frankly, I'm more concerned with fit than quality and construction at this point. The fabric selection is pretty bad though.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

I think I'll place an order with MySuitShop in the meantime. Frankly, I'm more concerned with fit than quality and construction at this point. The fabric selection is pretty bad though.

Fabric selection leaves much to be desired.

I ordered a shirt and paid a few dollars extra for priority service. I think it arrived in about two weeks.

The fit was excellent, but they made the neck about 1.75" too small, and refused to issue me a refund. All they said was that they'd give me one of their crappy neckties to match the next shirt that I order.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I think Ricky confuses months with weeks so a typical 6-8 week wait for shirts translates with Jantzen as really 6-8 months.

4. prozach1576

Man, it kinda sucks being 20 and having to ramp up my wardrobe from a set of interview clothes to 1-3 days a week of professional dress to 5 days a week of professional dress in a period of about four months...

5. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

I put in my 5th order in early January, sent an email early March, and still haven't heard anything. I understand that he always has a big rush up to Chinese New Year, so I suspect he's still digging his way out.

6. prozach1576

He's clearly in a good position to raise his prices.

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I put in my 5th order in early January, sent an email early March, and still haven't heard anything. I understand that he always has a big rush up to Chinese New Year, so I suspect he's still digging his way out.

Yeah, I placed an order back in January. I got a confirmation notice (my first) after Chinese New Year.

8. kshah

kshah Senior member

Man, it kinda sucks being 20 and having to ramp up my wardrobe from a set of interview clothes to 1-3 days a week of professional dress to 5 days a week of professional dress in a period of about four months...

Do you go to U of M?

I was debating ordering from Jantzen, but I'll stick to the Barbera. Bizzochi, and RLPL avaliable for a few dollars more on the web.

9. prozach1576

Do you go to U of M?

I was debating ordering from Jantzen, but I'll stick to the Barbera. Bizzochi, and RLPL avaliable for a few dollars more on the web.

Yeah, I'm a junior. I'm likely going to be working at the university hospital this summer and professional dress is required for the job I'll have.

10. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I think Ricky confuses months with weeks so a typical 6-8 week wait for shirts translates with Jantzen as really 6-8 months.

It's like that old Groucho Marx line.

"When it's 7PM in New York, it's 1938 in Los Angeles."

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

You gotta call him up personally, from time to time.

12. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

Ordered in november.. didn't hear anything ..sent two follow up emails ... he responded to the second follow-up three weeks ago and said he couldn't find my order... I re-sent it and haven't heard anything since. Finally broke down and bought a couple of cheap CT shirts the other day to tide me over.

13. scot

scot Senior member

I am also waiting on two orders from november... no feedback and no responses to the emails.

14. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Senior member

Ordered in January... called on March 20 only to find the fabric I'd requested was out of stock...

I'm getting close to breaking down and buying rtw or even mysuitshop (as rtw makes me look like a ship at full sail)... I guess I'm more disappointed than anything else, the promise of such a (potentially) fantastic product for so little was definitely enticing...

Anyways, good luck with your order... [​IMG]

15. darin_arrick

darin_arrick Active Member

If I may ask: Why the hell does anyone put up with this seemingly crappy service?! You're picky about your sleeve length, but if "6 weeks" turns into "6 months", it's OK?! No! I don't give a flip about "Chinese New Year"; that's an excuse. If you have a business, you do business. It's simple, really. I was thinking about getting some shirts from Jantzen, but what I've read has turned me off completely. Frankly, based on some of the other "online retailer" threads I've seen (about "Carlo Franco" and others, for example), I'm not sure I want to deal with them at all. I think I'd feel better about buying RTW; at least I know I'm going to get what I pay for. My 34 cents...