1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How long should I expect to wait for a Jantzen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by prozach1576, Mar 23, 2007.

1. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I placed an order online for the first time yesterday. From what I gather they can be quite erratic with shipping times and responding. I don't need the shirt for a while, but I just wanted to get a ballpark estimate.

Will I receive a confirmation email soon or not until the shirt is made and shipped?

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Between 4 weeks and infinity

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

the answer my friend
    is blowing in the wind
    the answer is blowing in the wind

4. prozach1576

Basically, I'm gonna need a lot more shirts starting in early May. Of course I didn't want to order more than one for the first time in case my measurements are off.

It hurts knowing that I'm going to have to buy crappy RTW shirts for more than the price of a Jantzen. ~$50 is just about what I can afford.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Basically, I'm gonna need a lot more shirts starting in early May. Of course I didn't want to order more than one for the first time in case my measurements are off.

It hurts knowing that I'm going to have to buy crappy RTW shirts for more than the price of a Jantzen. ~$50 is just about what I can afford.

Sounds like dicey timing. Of course, you could start calling (more effective than emailing) regularly after three weeks or so; my general impression is that if you're willing to be a pain in the ass you can generally (although not always) manage to move your stuff to the front of the line.

6. sam

sam Senior member

Try MySuitShop.com. Quick turnaround time, but lesser quality fabrics than Jantzen. Comparable prices. See here for a review.

7. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I advise people to order shirts for their sons at the same time as they start investigating appropriate pre-school placements.

8. VMan

VMan Senior member

I placed an order about a month and a half ago.

Sent him perhaps 6 emails, asking him to confirm that he received my order, and also telling him that my address has changed and that he needs to send it to a new one.

He never responded to any of them.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The excitement of ordering from Jantzen is never knowing if/when your order will arrive.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sent him perhaps 6 emails, asking him to confirm that he received my order, and also telling him that my address has changed and that he needs to send it to a new one.

Yeah - "Chinese New Year" seems to be the standard answer from, say, mid-October til late May.... [​IMG]

11. Roy Biggins

Roy Biggins Senior member

I placed an order in November of last year. I have received nothing. No email or anything at all.

12. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Order, then forget it. To do otherwise is the path to madness.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, my experience is that Ricky responds to about 1 out of every 8 emails, so you're well within the normal range. As I said, calling seems to work better (although it's a pain in the ass, given the time difference and all).

14. briancl

briancl Senior member

I've been saying for years that I'd send him a shirt to duplicate, and then go from there, but I have yet to find a well-fitting shirt I'm willing to part with not knowing if I'd ever get it back. Maybe I should send measurements and hypnotize myself into forgetting that I did.

15. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

phone calls help on the first order - and it also seems to help once he gets to know you. i know that with every order i have placed, the turn-around time seems to be quicker and quicker. my first shirt took a good 2 months - i'm now down to around a month. but you really can't think about it - it makes the excitement of receviing that beat up looking package all the more enjoyable.

16. prozach1576

I think I'll place an order with MySuitShop in the meantime. Frankly, I'm more concerned with fit than quality and construction at this point. The fabric selection is pretty bad though.

17. VMan

VMan Senior member

I think I'll place an order with MySuitShop in the meantime. Frankly, I'm more concerned with fit than quality and construction at this point. The fabric selection is pretty bad though.

Fabric selection leaves much to be desired.

I ordered a shirt and paid a few dollars extra for priority service. I think it arrived in about two weeks.

The fit was excellent, but they made the neck about 1.75" too small, and refused to issue me a refund. All they said was that they'd give me one of their crappy neckties to match the next shirt that I order.

18. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think Ricky confuses months with weeks so a typical 6-8 week wait for shirts translates with Jantzen as really 6-8 months.

19. prozach1576

Man, it kinda sucks being 20 and having to ramp up my wardrobe from a set of interview clothes to 1-3 days a week of professional dress to 5 days a week of professional dress in a period of about four months...

20. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

I put in my 5th order in early January, sent an email early March, and still haven't heard anything. I understand that he always has a big rush up to Chinese New Year, so I suspect he's still digging his way out.