• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long does raw denim take to fade?

stinger70

Reaction score
I cant find any specific discussion of this through the search, so here goes. I bought a cheap pair or raw denim jeans, and have worn them for about 3 weeks now, and there is no signs of any fading. Is this to be expected? There is a few "whiskers" appearing, and also honeycombs, but they arent actually fading at all, just creasing. Also, i have noticed absolutley ZERO bleed from these jeans. I wear them with white underwear sometimes, and also shoes, and no indigo has bled from them at all. So how long before i start to see signs of fading, roughly?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the jeans. Some don't fade for **** like KMWs and Good Society. The junk they sell on Self Edge is known for "intense vertical fading" after only 20 wears.

bjornsen

Reaction score
You didn't size down enough. You know you've sized correctly if you achieve a nice cock fade within the first weak of wear. Return them and try again.

cjbreed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
I cant find any specific discussion of this through the search, so here goes. I bought a cheap pair or raw denim jeans, and have worn them for about 3 weeks now, and there is no signs of any fading. Is this to be expected? There is a few "whiskers" appearing, and also honeycombs, but they arent actually fading at all, just creasing. Also, i have noticed absolutley ZERO bleed from these jeans. I wear them with white underwear sometimes, and also shoes, and no indigo has bled from them at all. So how long before i start to see signs of fading, roughly?

a long ass time.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
Depends on the jeans. Some don't fade for **** like KMWs and Good Society. The junk they sell on Self Edge is known for "intense vertical fading" after only 20 wears.

i'm sorry, what "junk" is sold at self edge? and where does it say 20 wears will produce intense vertical falling?

i believe it says that certain denim yields intense vertical falling. but the 20 wears comment is referring to slight signs of bright blue peeking through, not intense fading. dick...

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can take a couple of months to see any fading at all, or like it was mentioned with KMW's, can be closer to a year.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjbreed
a long ass time.

i'm sorry, what "junk" is sold at self edge? and where does it say 20 wears will produce intense vertical falling?

i believe it says that certain denim yields intense vertical falling. but the 20 wears comment is referring to slight signs of bright blue peeking through, not intense fading. dick...

You're too ******* sensitive.

bjornsen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjbreed

clothing store white knight itt. does selfedge sell japanese repros of a sense of humor?

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of what a good pair of raw denims look like after they've been worn for awhile and have the desired fading?

cjbreed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
You're too ******* sensitive.

that hurts my feelings...

Originally Posted by bjornsen
clothing store white knight itt. does selfedge sell japanese repros of a sense of humor?

ohhhhhhhh.......i get it now...

hey bjornsen:
bushism.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads