• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How long does raw denim take to fade?

stinger70

Reaction score
I cant find any specific discussion of this through the search, so here goes. I bought a cheap pair or raw denim jeans, and have worn them for about 3 weeks now, and there is no signs of any fading. Is this to be expected? There is a few "whiskers" appearing, and also honeycombs, but they arent actually fading at all, just creasing. Also, i have noticed absolutley ZERO bleed from these jeans. I wear them with white underwear sometimes, and also shoes, and no indigo has bled from them at all. So how long before i start to see signs of fading, roughly?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bjornsen

Reaction score
You didn't size down enough. You know you've sized correctly if you achieve a nice cock fade within the first weak of wear. Return them and try again.

cjbreed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
I cant find any specific discussion of this through the search, so here goes. I bought a cheap pair or raw denim jeans, and have worn them for about 3 weeks now, and there is no signs of any fading. Is this to be expected? There is a few "whiskers" appearing, and also honeycombs, but they arent actually fading at all, just creasing. Also, i have noticed absolutley ZERO bleed from these jeans. I wear them with white underwear sometimes, and also shoes, and no indigo has bled from them at all. So how long before i start to see signs of fading, roughly?

a long ass time.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
Depends on the jeans. Some don't fade for shit like KMWs and Good Society. The junk they sell on Self Edge is known for "intense vertical fading" after only 20 wears.

i'm sorry, what "junk" is sold at self edge? and where does it say 20 wears will produce intense vertical falling?

i believe it says that certain denim yields intense vertical falling. but the 20 wears comment is referring to slight signs of bright blue peeking through, not intense fading. dick...

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can take a couple of months to see any fading at all, or like it was mentioned with KMW's, can be closer to a year.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjbreed
a long ass time.

i'm sorry, what "junk" is sold at self edge? and where does it say 20 wears will produce intense vertical falling?

i believe it says that certain denim yields intense vertical falling. but the 20 wears comment is referring to slight signs of bright blue peeking through, not intense fading. dick...

You're too fucking sensitive.

bjornsen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjbreed

clothing store white knight itt. does selfedge sell japanese repros of a sense of humor?

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of what a good pair of raw denims look like after they've been worn for awhile and have the desired fading?

cjbreed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
You're too fucking sensitive.

that hurts my feelings...

Originally Posted by bjornsen
clothing store white knight itt. does selfedge sell japanese repros of a sense of humor?

ohhhhhhhh.......i get it now...

hey bjornsen:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.8%
  • 21 - 30