how long does it take to get from size 35 chest to size 38?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by thegreenlight, Oct 14, 2008.

1. beasty

beasty Senior member

The biggest determinent of chest size is back thickness (lats, spinal erectors, and upper trapezius).

'Working harder' is fucking retarded. Ignore everything beasty says.

Yup. Do 1 set of bench press at 20 kg and rest 6 months and watch your chest grow!
    Yup dont work hard. Moron.

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

Yup. Do 1 set of bench press at 20 kg and rest 6 months and watch your chest grow!
    Yup dont work hard. Moron.

Stop putting words in people's mouth.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Explain this to me...
    I think he's saying that the chest circumference is also very dependent on your lats, traps, and rhomboids- and he'd be right. Traps less so, imo. I've always have decent upper traps from boxing, and back when I was doing a lot of C&J my traps were ridiculous, but it never changed my chest measurement much. (we did body comp & measurements monthly)

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

ahh i see - sorry I thought I was about to learn something physiological rather than just tape-measure-follies

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Uh well I guess I could tell you to work your back as much as you work your chest, and work your lower and middle traps as much as you work your upper?

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Or explosive chest press exercises increase your range, and thus, your beer pong game?

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I've found that the smallest size for most suits is usually 38, so I've decided to start lifting weights to try to increase my chest size from 35 to 38. Does anyone have any idea how long this might take? (I plan to lift for one hour every other day)

i have two words for you, "breast implants"...

8. unexpected

unexpected Senior member

please don't forget to eat more. eat more. eat more. eat more.

I'm tired of people saying they can't gain weight after they lift a ton and have stuck the their original diets.

9. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

They probably do make pectoral implants.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Two more words: Haagen Dazs.

Stay on the HD for a month and you will fill out.

11. ken

ken Banned by Request

They probably do make pectoral implants.

They do. They also do ab sculpting where a dood's belly fat is sucked out around the lines of a 6-pack.

If you're chest is only 35", I suspect you're pretty skinny. Skinny dood's can bulk up to a "normal" size pretty easy. I wouldn't be surprised if you put on 2" in a few months if you're hardcore about it.

It's the same w/fat doods. They can shrink down to a "normal" size w/in a couple months, but it may take them years to be skinny, just like it may take you years to be jacked.

If I'm wrong, and you're not skinny but just have small everything, then get your jackets bespoke.

For the record, my measured chest size is 40-41", and most sz38 jackets make me look like I'm wearing a potato sack, because I have something like a 9" drop. (This especially sucks when Men's Warehouse measures me and sends a black tarp for me to wear to my buddy's wedding). I'd shoot for a sz36. They're readily available and won't be so big around your waist when you're hyooge.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

im not sure if anybody mentioned this, but alot of chest size (shoulder size, etc) has alot to do with your /limited by your skeletal size.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm not necessarily sure that's true, Sho.

Look at Kunk in the "What Were You Wearing" thread. He looked pretty damn scrawny. Now the dude is HYOOOOOGE. His skeletal system didn't grow at all though.

14. whacked

whacked Senior member

im not sure if anybody mentioned this, but alot of chest size (shoulder size, etc) has alot to do with your /limited by your skeletal size.

A quick look through the photos at bodybuilding forums would prove otherwise.

15. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

begginers gains are the best. I will ahve to look through my records to see how my chest grew, but I would say 6 months for an inch or two. If you arent naturally thick you will ahve to bulk up with muscle and 2 inches of circumference muscle is a lot if your a 35" chest.