1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How long do your shirts last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, Jul 20, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

5-6 years old shirts..... I am amazed they last that long. What cloth are these made from?

these are indian made bespoke shirts, from 100 percent cotton.

I hadn't lost a single button until I had some 3 year old shirts, by the way

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I have possibly 20% of my shirts on hangers. The rest I've folded away for storage basically because I don't have the space to hang them up. I'm not going to throw any away. Sometimes I wonder just why I have so many, but then sometimes I'm grateful that they're mostly classically style and won't go out of fashion, and barring moths/mould etc, should last for quite a while. Doesn't stop me looking though - some nice Turnbull and Assers or even another Janzten [​IMG]

3. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    About 20 years ago, when I had my first "real" job, I owned about 150-175 dress shirts from Nieman Marcus. (Plus the 20-30 I bought at Brooks, New & Lingwood and other places.) My stepfather's sister would tell Nieman Marcus to send her brother some shirts. Since stepdad had his shirts made, he'd just send the boxes on to me.

It was great having that many shirts. Even I didn't really have the space to store them in ways that I could select the one I wanted. I got to be pretty sloppy about taking care of them. why worry about finding a good cleaner when a fresh shipment would arrive any day.

4. JR_Rider

JR_Rider Senior member

I have found that drying dress shirts is what takes the biggest tole on them. I always let my dress shirts air dry, and that seems to help.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

This is true in my experience as well.

I wear dress clothes 3X a week and I am getting years of use from my Kiton shirts. I use Tide HE powder in a front loader Maytag and hang the shirts up and then iron when slightly damp. I'm very surprised how well Kiton holds up given how then some of my shirts are. I like thin shirts since they breathe so well and are comfortable in this Georgia heat.

1 person likes this.