• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long do you wait for a classifieds purchase before you get nervous?

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im new to SF in general and to the classifieds system especially but I bought a jacket off a seller. Its now going on 11 days after shipment (continental US) and I am starting to wonder when it will arrive. I was not given a tracking number and the seller hasn't been on in a week.

Do I wait 2 weeks before worrying or am I being extra sensitive?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How long has this member been registered?postcount? overall impression when you had contact with him? Does he have positive Buyer/Seller feedback, do you have his name and cell#?

all these things might help you decide whether or not you are being scammed.

I myself had quite a few late shippings because DHL took the scenic route, but I also ship from outside of the US.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long has this member been registered?postcount? overall impression when you had contact with him? Does he have positive Buyer/Seller feedback, do you have his name and cell#?

all these things might help you decide whether or not you are being scammed.

I myself had quite a few late shippings because DHL took the scenic route, but I also ship from outside of the US.

The member in question, lets call them X, has been registered since late 2010 but only has 14 total posts... X has 2 positive feedback rating but upon closer inspection the rating seem fishy... One member rated X twice on the same day and when you look at the raters profile it says they work in somewhere eerily similar to X's screen name... No name or cell # or contact info beyond SF and the paypal email

This is looking worse and worse the more I write...
baldy[1].gif

When should I feel comfortable sending a notification to paypal?

Last edited:

lmaligaya

Reaction score
Parcel post can take up to 2 weeks in my experience but your situation still wounds fishy. Hope you get it resolved

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The longest I have waited was 5 weeks. That was from USA to Canada vis USPS.
After 3 weeks I was a tad nervous and politely contacted the seller, who assured me that the parcel had been honestly sent on a certain day.
2 more weeks later (5 weeks in total) my parcel arrived safe and sound. When I checked the date on the package, it was sent exactly as the seller had assured me. My parcel showed no sign if having been opened or inspected or violated in any way. Sometimes things take more time than others. This, mixed with the anticipation and excitement of a purchase may lead to some anxiety. I would politely contact the seller for some assurance. :)

AMProf

Reaction score
1st class (non priority) mail seems to take *forever* to get to Canada from the US. It took me about 3 weeks to get one shirt from Virginia to Alberta last month; took about 4 weeks to get a blazer from here to Canada over the Christmas holidays. Sent it 1st class because priority was stupid expensive for a $40 shirt.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the fish gets fishier... I did a little digging and the name associated with the paypal account matches the initials provided by the other account who had the only seller reviews (the same member who's profession matches the screen name of the X). So it looks like the two accounts may be run by one person.

Now for the extra fishy part. A quick search of the name (not an extra common name either) shows active warrants out for this individual...

Still no response form the seller

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the fish gets fishier... I did a little digging and the name associated with the paypal account matches the initials provided by the other account who had the only seller reviews (the same member who's profession matches the screen name of the X). So it looks like the two accounts may be run by one person.

Now for the extra fishy part. A quick search of the name (not an extra common name either) shows active warrants out for this individual...

Still no response form the seller

Then I suspect that you have a problem.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just hope you paid with Paypal and "goods" instead of gift

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads