Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How long do you spend contemplating & writing a post?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by XenoX101, Jul 31, 2010.

1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Curious as to how long people on average spend pondering a post and writing it before clicking the big "Post Reply" button. Would be interesting to see how long people take to come up with their written material, whether it's more of a whim/reactive approach or if it's calculated and drafted/rewritten (such as I think many CE posters would do). Also interested to know if anyone researches, uses thesaurus' or if there is any difference in between forums (e.g.: you take 10 minutes to post in CE, but 2 minutes in SW&D). Personally I find myself spending anywhere from 3-15 minutes on a post (average being around 3-5 minutes but my longer ones can take 15 minutes) and often reword, rewrite and repeat the post to myself before deciding to post. Oh and this post took me 6 minutes [​IMG]. EDIT: I accidently forgot the poll when making this thread and then made another thread where I forgot to check the "public results" checkbox, so apologies for the other two threads I posted, has not been my day ><.

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

poal fail. No under a min option.

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Good point, apologies, though the poll is more of a guesstimate than anything, so the inaccuracy of voting 1-3 minute when you spend &lt;1 minute on a post isn't a dealbreaker, but you're right in that I probably should have added another poll option.

4. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I'm not sure that I've ever spent more than the time it takes to type the words. Even in CE, if I don't have something well defined and clear to say then I won't just add a stream of conciousness to a thread.

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I actually dictate my posts to my assistant, who then proofreads them and adds citations as necessary. [​IMG]

6. TGPlastic

TGPlastic Senior member

lick ballz mothrfucker.

7. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

lick ballz mothrfucker.

Mr. dtmt would like to express his grave doubts over your expressed choice of sexual orientation, and additionally has found the company of your mother quite satisfactory on multiple occasions.

8. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Your avatar makes that sickburn all the more sweeter [​IMG].

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

The more I think the worse my writing becomes. The less I think the worse my spelling becomes. I never win.

I can remember drawn out internet debates I had 10 years ago.

10. Threak

Threak Senior member

Curious as to how long people on average spend pondering a post and writing it before clicking the big "Post Reply" button.

I think you meant the "Submit new thread" button.

Anyway, <1 min. I have to act quickly before anyone else starts a similar DT parody thread.

11. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

Your avatar makes that sickburn all the more sweeter [​IMG].

Mr Holmes would like his disdain for such unseemly mangling of the English language to be known.

In reponse to the original question: only as long as necessary to compose a knee-jerk, ill-considered and arrogant retort. I do, after all, only respond to the crimes of others...and comment on the boobies pic posted in the NSFW threads.

12. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

i dont even

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

dem bitches gonna blowns up.

^ didnt give much thought to that one

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I post from my subconscious so generally it takes as long as I need to get the words out

Sometimes I will go back to edit stuff but generally I would say about 1-10 minutes depending on content. If it's just a quick thing, a minute but if it's something where I need citations and shit to make a point it could take a while