1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you expect your leather wallet to last you?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tombarrington, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

@RSS - Good to see you posting again!

I'm currently using a tri-fold wallet that I've had for the past 17-18 years. I've given it a rest occasionally and used another wallet - use a very slim, credit-card slip - but I keep on coming back to the tri-fold. It's quite slim, too, and well made with fine stitching. The leather's darkened considerably over the years but it looks as though it will easily hold up for another 17-18 years.

The only problem is that the lining, which was (I think) silk, has worn out with time and has started to tear. It would have been better if it were lined with leather, rather than silk/other fabric.

1 person likes this.
  2. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Until I lose it in a taxicab

1 person likes this.
  3. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Which is once per year

4. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Please post pics of tri-fold. Is that as tall as a regular wallet?